In this post, you will learn how to make Vegan Broccoli Cheddar Soup and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Vegan Broccoli Cheddar Soup.
- 8 cups raw broccoli, florets and stalk, chopped
- 1 large jalapeno: for less heat, de-seed first (you can also omit this ingredient for a non-spicy soup)
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 cups vegetable broth (salted)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup soy creamer, plain flavor (I used the Wildwood brand)
- 3 cups Yukon Gold potatoes, rough chop (skin on)
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup soy milk, plain flavor
- 2 tablespoons Vegenaise
- 1 1/2 cups shredded vegan Cheddar cheese (I use the Follow Your Heart brand)
- Garnish/on hand: fresh basil, fresh parsley, extra cheese
- Lower-Fat Modifications follow instructions.
- Chop your broccoli-including most of the stalks-don't throw them all away! Leave out about 1 1/2 cups of tiny broccoli florets for adding whole to the soup later. The rest of the broccoli will be pureed.
- In your soup pot, saute over med-high heat: 2 Tbsp of your olive oil with the shallot, onion and jalapeno. When cooked lightly, add in lemon juice, veggie broth, remaining oil, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium.
- Bake your potatoes using an oven or microwave. Rough chop them and add them to your pot.
- Add in the broccoli. Remember to leave out a few florets for later use though.
- Cover with lid, when broccoli is tender, turn heat off.
- Transfer contents of pot into a large mixing bowl. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add to the bowl the fresh parsley, soy creamer, vegenaise and soy milk. Fold new ingredients into the hot soup mixture.
- In batches, puree the soup in a Vitamix or other food-processor style blender. Soup should be smooth-no lumps or chunks. Warning: only blend warm soup in blender with extreme caution! Never aim blender toward your face and always start on the lowest setting possible. Never overfill the blender.
- In the soup pot, add the broccoli florets, a dash of veggie broth and saute covered for about a minute until tender.
- Add the pureed soup back into the soup pot.
- Add a bay leaf and a few pinches of chopped basil (optional).
- Simmer uncovered for at least twenty minutes to cook out all the air bubbles. Stir constantly for the first few minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving or storing.
- Serve with a garnish of 1 tsp soy creamer drops, a pinch of fresh parsley, a basil leaf and of course some shreds of cheddar cheese.
- Lower Fat Modifications: Use half the amount of olive oil, and substitute the creamer for more soy milk.
- You can also use less cheese, but now why would you want to do that? 🙂
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 549.99 USD
Product Name:- Omega BL660R 3 Peak HP Blender Red
Product End Date:- 2022.07.01 06:37:34
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 149.95 USD
Product Name:- ChefWave Magma 16 Quart Air Fryer Oven with Rotisserie Dehydrator Bundle
Product End Date:- 2022.07.01 13:49:01
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 199.00 USD
Product Name:- Panasonic 1.3 Cu. Ft. 1100W Countertop Microwave Oven in White – NN-SU656W
Product End Date:- 2022.06.26 02:16:09