In this post, you will learn how to make Chicken Satay and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Chicken Satay.
- 500 grams chicken thigh meat (with fat)
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 6 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 cup of ground peanuts
- 1 jar of ready made satay sauce (about 6 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Soak 20 bamboo skewers for at least 2 hours in a glass of water. This is to prevent the sticks from burning and breaking when placed under the grill or over the coals.
- Add the ground coriander, ground cumin, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, saugar, coconut cream and vegetable oil in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Cut the chicken into long thin strips.Marinate the chicken in the sauce. Ensure the chicken are well coated.Tightly seal the bowl with cling wrap and place in the fridge. Leave to marinade for at least 4 hours. The longer, the better.In the meantime, prepare the sauce.Look for a reputable brand of satay sauce. I always use Lee Kum Kee.
- Add about 6 tablespoons of the satay sauce into a bowl.The rest of these steps are to be done, subject to taste. I like to taste as I add the other condiments.
- Add the crunchy peanut butter, coconut cream and water. If the sauce is too thick, thin it down with a little more water.
- Add the dark soy sauce, sugar and ground peanuts
- Seal the bowl with cling wrap and set aside until ready to serve. Before serving, warm the satay sauce in the microwave oven, covered slightly, for approximately 1.5 to 2mins.When you are ready to grill the chicken, start forming satays by piercing the chicken through the bamboo skewers. I find it alot easier to pierce the meat into the sticks when they are long strips and I pierce through in an undulating manner. Set aside until ready to use.Preheat your oven to 200 deg Celsius at GRILL.
- Place your oven shelf higher and closer to the top too.
- Lay the satay sticks on a cooling mesh sitting over a flat baking sheet to collect drippings.
- Place the tray of satay under the grill. And grill for 10 to 20 mins. It really depends on how thick your chicken sticks are.
- Remove the tray from the oven when one side of the satay is a golden brown (not dark brown!). Turn over the satay to the other side. And continue to grill till it has a nice dark golden brown. I like it a little burnt.
- Serve warm with satay sauce and sliced cucumber.
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 577.49 USD
Product Name:- tahiti frozen concoction maker dm3000 multi purpose
Product End Date:- 2022.06.16 21:27:38
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 230.39 USD
Product Name:- Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360XL 9 in 1 Multicooker Timer Auto Shut Off
Product End Date:- 1970.01.01 00:00:00
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 175.33 USD
Product Name:- Glcmkz11rdr10 Retro Countertop Microwave Oven With Auto Cook Reheat Defrost Quic
Product End Date:- 2022.06.10 05:34:24