In this post, you will learn how to make Bacalhau Macau and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Bacalhau Macau.
- 1 cup Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1 Egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 3/4 pound russet [Idaho] potato – (abt 2) peeled, and
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted oil-cured olives
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 pound salt cod fillets
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- Place cod in a bowl and cover with cold water. Soak for 6 to 8 hours, changing the water once or twice.
- Drain, rinse very well and pat dry. Shred fish with your fingers.
- Pour 3 inches of water into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the diced potatoes, and cook until tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, return them to the pan briefly. (The heat from the pan will evaporate excess moisture from the potatoes.) Mash the potatoes until smooth, then whisk in the butter.Stir the cod into the mashed potatoes. Stir in the green onion, cilantro, olives, egg white, sesame oil, salt, garlic, ginger and pepper.In a chilled bowl, whip the cream until it holds soft peaks. Gently fold the whipped cream into cod mixture with a rubber spatula.Using two large soupspoons, form about 3 tablespoons of the cod-potato mixture into an oval fish cake. Set the cod cake on a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining potato mixture.
- Spread the breadcrumbs on a plate. Beat the egg in a wide, shallow bowl. Dip each cod cake into egg, turning it gently to coat all sides. Allow any excess egg to drip back into the bowl, then roll the cake in breadcrumbs to coat all sides. Set the coated fish cakes on a baking sheet.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and pour in 1/4 inch of vegetable oil. When the oil is hot – a corner of a cod cake will give off a lively sizzle when dipped in the oil – add as many of the fish cakes to the skillet as will fit without touching each other. (You may need to do this in two batches.) Cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the fish cakes with a slotted spoon and drain them on paper towels. If necessary, repeat with the remaining cod cakes.
- Serve warm.This recipe yields 4 servings.
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 69.99 USD
Product Name:- Domaya 1000W High Power Nutri Blender – Portable Blender For Shakes And Smoothie
Product End Date:- 2022.05.29 19:34:50
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 94.12 USD
Product Name:- Air Fryer 1700W 6.9Qt with Digital Display Timer for Oil Less or Low Fat Cooking
Product End Date:- 2022.06.18 21:19:27
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 279.00 USD
Product Name:- Samsung ME21R7051SS 30″ Stainless Over-The-Range Microwave NOB #107771
Product End Date:- 1970.01.01 00:00:00