In this post, you will learn how to make Chestnut and Wild Mushroom Soup With Parmesan Cream and Pears and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Chestnut and Wild Mushroom Soup With Parmesan Cream and Pears.
- 1/2 ounce pancetta or bacon, in one piece
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup carrots, cut into half-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup turnips, cut into half-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup onion, cut into half-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup celery, cut into half-inch pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds assorted chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup ounce dried porcini soaked in ½ warm water, then strained and ch1/2 cup sherry
- 1 quart chicken stock
- Bouquet garni*
- 1/4 pound peeled chestnuts
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano, plus 2 tablespoons in ¼- inch dice
- 6 tablespoons peeled pear, in ¼- inch dice
- 6 tablespoons celery, in ¼- inch dice
- In a large soup pot, render the pancetta/bacon with 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the carrots, turnips, onions and celery, season with salt and pepper and cook 8 minutes or until tender and slightly caramelized.
- Add the mushrooms and cook 15 minutes until tender and dry.
- Add the sherry and deglaze the pan.
- Add the chicken stock and bouquet garni and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove the pancetta and bouquet garni and puree until smooth.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a saute pan.
- Add the chestnuts, season with salt and pepper, and cook 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the shallot and cook 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine, bay leaves and thyme and reduce halfway.
- Add water to just cover the chestnuts. Cover with a round of parchment paper and cook 12 minutes or until tender.
- Remove herbs and puree until smooth.
- Mix the two purees together. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- To make the Parmesan cream, heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. As soon as the cream is warm, whisk in the Parmesan cheese until it has completely melted. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- To serve, put a quarter-cup Parmesan cream in the bottom of a warm soup bowl. Carefully pour the mushroom chestnut soup in the center of the cream. The cream should move up the side of the bowl, forming a white rim around the dark soup.
- Mix the diced pear, cheese and celery together. Top the soup with the diced mixture.
- A bouquet garni is a combination of herbs bundled in cheesecloth or tied with a string and used to flavor soup, stocks and sauces. I bunched together fresh thyme, sage, dried bay leaves and rosemary. You can also add dried or fresh marjoram, celery leaves or leek to your bundle.
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 216.97 USD
Product Name:- Dynablend 60 Oz 3 Speed Black Stainless Steel Clean Blender Makes Healthy Shakes
Product End Date:- 2022.06.25 09:46:20
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 276.15 USD
Product Name:- MAXX AFO 46045 SS Digital Air Fryer Oven 26 Quart 10-in-1 Countertop Toaster O..
Product End Date:- 2022.06.11 03:52:21
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 629.00 USD
Product Name:- NEW ZLINE 30″ OVER THE RANGE MICROWAVE STAINLESS STEEL MWO-OTR-H-30
Product End Date:- 2022.06.15 00:39:28