Follow Us On Facebook
In this post, you will learn how to make Dried Fruit and Ginger Scones and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Recipe eBook at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Dried Fruit and Ginger Scones.
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup chopped candied ginger
- 1/4 cup dried apples
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp turbinado sugar
- ¾ cup whole milk
- Position a rack in the middle of your oven and preheat to 425F. If you will be baking on a pizza stone, put it in the oven to preheat as well. If you will be using a cookie sheet, line it with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Whisk together the flours, baking powder, 3 TB of the sugar, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cut in the butter using a pastry blender, two knives, or your fingers, until the largest chunks of butter are the size of small peas.
- Pour in the cream and milk (or just use all cream, if you have it) and mix it around with a fork until an evenly hydrated, extremely sticky dough forms.
- Add the fruits and mix again until evenly distributed (you may have to work a bit to break up the ginger pieces).
- Dump the sticky mass out onto a well-floured board. Sprinkle a little flour on top as well, then pat the dough out into a circle about 1-inch thick. Try not to add too much flour, lest they become dense and tough. Dip a pizza cutter or other thin, sharp knife into flour, then cut the circle into 8 equal sized pieces. You may need to scrape off and re-flour your slicing instrument between slices.
- Using a bench scraper, a thin spatula, or (if you are brave) your hands, relocate your 8 scones to your prepared baking vessel, spacing them a half inch or so apart (they will puff and rise a little bit, but not tremendously). Sprinkle the tops with the remaining 1 TB of sugar.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until lightly golden on top and cooked through.
- Cool at least 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Eat warm or cool.
Below is our highly recommended and related eBook.
Price: 8.18 USD
Ebook Title:- A Taste of Enchantment: Treasured Recipes from the Junior League of Albuquerque
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.18 20:08:29
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended and related eBooks.
Price: 29.94 USD
Ebook Title:- The Palestinian Table (Hardback or Cased Book)
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.14 22:38:26
Price: 24.33 USD
Ebook Title:- Artful Improv : Explore Color Recipes, Building Blocks & Free-Motion Quilting…
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.25 06:11:48