In this post, you will learn how to make Kkaetnip Jangajji (Korean Pickled Perilla Leaves) and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Recipe eBook at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Kkaetnip Jangajji (Korean Pickled Perilla Leaves).
- •2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- •2 tbsp gochugaru (red pepper flakes)
- •1, 2 green onions, thinly chopped
- •1 cup soy sauce or light soy sauce
- •1/2 small onion, thinly chopped
- •50 perilla leaves (aka kkaetnip)
- •1 tbsp rice wine
- •1 tbsp sesame oil
- •1 tsp sesame seeds
- •1/4 cup water
- 1.Wash each perilla leaf individually through running water and shake off excess water. Place in a colander until dried; set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- 2.In a mixing bowl, combine all the other ingredients together with the finely chopped onion, green onion, and minced garlic. In a tupperware or plastic container, place a spoonful of the sauce on the bottom. Add one perilla leaf then put another spoonful of the sauce to coat the leaf. Continue alternating the layers with a perilla leaf and the sauce until stacks are formed side by side.
- 3.Continue lathering the leaves one at a time until each one is covered with the sauce. If you run out of sauce, it will collect at the bottom of the tupperware. Reuse any runoff sauce to complete the process
- 4.Store in the refrigerator for at least a few days. When ready, serve as a side dish (banchan) with the main dish.
- *This particular side dish (along with regular gim, seaweed) is perfect with a bowl of rice. Many Koreans (with chopsticks in hand) simply wrap a single leaf around some rice and indulge in its deliciousness. The salty and sour perilla leaves with the sticky rice really go great together.
Below is our highly recommended and related eBook.
Price: 7.08 USD
Ebook Title:- Nigella Kitchen: Recipes from the Heart of the Home by Nigella Lawson
Ebook End Date:- 2022.03.06 15:12:51
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended and related eBooks.
Price: 4.63 USD
Ebook Title:- Southern Living Annual Recipes, 1987 by Southern Living Editors
Ebook End Date:- 2022.03.17 07:24:20
Price: 4.38 USD
Ebook Title:- Best-Ever Recipes by ACP Books
Ebook End Date:- 2022.03.04 18:27:49