In this post, you will learn how to make Roasted Ratatouille Gratin and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Recipe eBook at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Roasted Ratatouille Gratin.
- 1 cup (28-ounce) can good-quality plum tomatoes, chopped, with their juices to make 2
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms (about 5 medium)
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (sauvignon blanc is nice)
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash black pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini (about 1 medium)
- Cut up everything and set aside until needed. Do the eggplant last, as it turns brownish after being cut.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Place whole red pepper on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- Spray another baking sheet with canola oil and place eggplant on it in a single layer.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and toss to combine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Turn red pepper over after 20 minutes.
- Add eggplant to oven, and roast until both are tender, about 15 minutes more.
- While the eggplant and pepper are roasting, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Stir in leek and shallot and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is soft, 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, 1 teaspoon salt, dash black pepper, and wine.
- Simmer until mushrooms are soft, about 8 minutes.
- Remove eggplant and pepper from oven.
- Turn oven down to 400°.
- Cover pepper with aluminum foil. Covering it creates steam that will loosen its skin, making the skin easier to remove. Allow pepper to cool about 10 minutes before handling.
- Stir in the eggplant, tomatoes and their juices, thyme, and rosemary.
- Bring back up to a simmer.
- After pepper has cooled, remove the skin, core, and seeds. Chop flesh and add to the stockpot.
- Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes to combine flavors.
- Taste, and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Pour everything into an 8×8 baking dish.
- Top with Parmesan and bread crumbs.
- Bake until topping is browned, about 20 minutes.
- Allow ratatouille to stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish each serving with fresh basil. Make sure to have more freshly grated Parmesan on hand to pass at the table.
Below is our highly recommended and related eBook.
Price: 4.08 USD
Ebook Title:- Best of the Best from the Plains Cookbook: Selected Recipes from the Favo – GOOD
Ebook End Date:- 2022.03.04 09:11:44
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended and related eBooks.
Price: 19.34 USD
Ebook Title:- The 30-Minute Thyroid Cookbook: 125 Healing Recipes for Hypothyroidism and Hashi
Ebook End Date:- 2022.03.08 08:30:23
Price: 3.84 USD
Ebook Title:- Fix-It and Forget-It Revised and Updated: 700 Great Slow Cooker Recipes – GOOD
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.21 19:13:16