In this post, you will learn how to make Seafood Gumbo and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Recipe eBook at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Seafood Gumbo.
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 ribs celery, finely diced
- 8 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon filé powder
- 4 quarts shrimp stock, crab stock or fish stock
- 1/2 cup flour
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 pound fresh lump crab meat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 pounds okra, chopped
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 dozens oysters, freshly shucked, liquor reserved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning blend
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup tomato purée
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- Heat oil in a large heavy stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Add the flour and stir constantly until a light brown roux is formed.
- Add the onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic. Sauté until the onions become translucent and the vegetables are tender.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato purée and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the Creole seasoning, thyme, bay leaves and about 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, and continue to cook another 10 minutes.
- Add the okra, and cook for another 10 minutes, then add the stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cook another 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- About 10 minutes prior to serving, add the shrimp, oysters and oyster liquor. Just prior to serving, add the crab meat (the crab meat does not need to be cooked, just stir until it is heated through.
- Taste and correct seasonings if necessary.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle the filé powder on the surface of the gumbo; cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Uncover and stir to mix.
- Serve hot with French bread and cold beverages.
Below is our highly recommended and related eBook.
Price: 6.95 USD
Ebook Title:- Power Pressure Cooker XL Beginner’s Cookbook & Manual: This Guide Now Include…
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.27 10:13:49
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended and related eBooks.
Price: 8.38 USD
Ebook Title:- Living Crazy Healthy: Plant-Based Recipes from the Neurotic Mommy
Ebook End Date:- 2022.03.19 13:40:17
Price: 4.85 USD
Ebook Title:- THAILAND BEAUTIFUL COOKBOOKAUTHENTIC RECIPES REGIO
Ebook End Date:- 2022.03.18 09:59:01