Follow Us On Facebook
In this post, you will learn how to make Creamy Maharashtrian Chole and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Recipe eBook at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Creamy Maharashtrian Chole.
- 1 can chick peas (I use Goya)
- 1 medium onion- diced
- 1 beefsteak tomato- diced
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 3 cloves garlic- crushed and minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup sour cream (I used reduced-fat Breakstones Brand or use Vegan Substitute)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon couple water
- salt- to taste
- coarse black pepper- few grinds
- 1/2 bunch cilantro- minced
- 1 red onion- cut into thick rounds (for garnishing)
- 4 sweet peppers- for garnishing (optional)
- PAM- original
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In the skillet over medium-high heat spray with PAM and pour oil. Add mustard seeds, and cook until they are fragrant and “pop” about 30 seconds to a minute. Add onions, garlic and ginger and saute for about 2-3 minutes until slightly brown/golden. Add the diced tomatoes and saute for a few more minutes. Add garam masala, turmeric, chili powder. Once the onions are caramelized and the tomatoes soft, add the chickpeas and combine with the onion-tomatoe mixture until well coated.
- After about 2-3 minutes add the sour cream and cook until everything is well combined. Add salt and pepper, taste. Cook until chickpeas are soft and flavored well. Make sure to taste a few times for salt and masala. If it’s too thick, add a few tbsp of water (consistency should be creamy, gravy-like, not too thick).
- Once the gravy has thickened, chickpeas are cooked well and you’ve tasted for salt/masala, remove from heat and mix in 3/4 of the reserved chopped cilantro. Clean the pan and set back on medium-high heat. Spray with PAM and the thick red onion slices and small sweet peppers. Saute on medium-high heat until onions are charred and soft (without breaking circular shape). Place chole in a nice serving dish and top with remaining cilantro, onions and peppers. Serve with Basmati rice, chapati or naan.
Below is our highly recommended and related eBook.
Price: 4.09 USD
Ebook End Date:- 2022.01.17 05:19:08
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended and related eBooks.
Price: 7.23 USD
Ebook End Date:- 2022.01.28 02:56:21
Price: 8.74 USD
Ebook End Date:- 2022.01.22 11:07:17