In this post, you will learn how to make Lemon Curd Custard Ice Cream and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Lemon Curd Custard Ice Cream.
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half and half (I used whole milk)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup lemon curd (store bought or homemade, see below)
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Finely grated lemon zest
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 ounces Unsalted butter, (6 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour the half-and-half and cream into the top of a double boiler** and heat over hot water until hot, but not boiling. Stir with a wooden spoon, scraping the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking.NOTE: I carefully heated the milk and cream in my microwave, being careful not to let it boil. Personally, this is easier for me.Slowly pour some of the hot cream into the eggs, to temper it. Slowly add the rest of the hot cream, whisking constantly until smooth.Return to the double boiler** and cook over medium-low until thick and bubbling around the edges.NOTE: I used direct heat, being very careful to stir constantly and to keep the temperature on medium-low. It took about 15 minutes for the custard to thicken, so be patient!The custard will coat a wooden spoon. You can also coat a regular spoon, run your finger through it. If the line remains separate, it's ready!Strain the custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a metal bowl (don't skip this step). Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.HOMEMADE LEMON CURD (Optional):In a 2 quart saucepan, combine lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, eggs, and butter.Cook over medium-low heat until thick enough to hold marks from whisk, and first bubble appears on surface, about 6 minutes.
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 78.88 USD
Product Name:- BLACK+DECKER Counter Top Blender, Black, BL1210BG
Product End Date:- 2022.05.19 19:07:48
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 68.05 USD
Product Name:- Electric Deep Fryer Dual Daddy Cooker Home Kitchen Countertop Fries Presto New
Product End Date:- 1970.01.01 00:00:00
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 209.00 USD
Product Name:- LG LMV1764ST 30″ Stainless Over-The-Range Microwave NOB #123289
Product End Date:- 2022.05.21 18:44:28