Follow Us On Facebook
In this post, you will learn how to make Suzanne’s Red Chili and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Recipe eBook at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Suzanne’s Red Chili.
- 1 TBSP ground cumin
- 1 TBSP ground coriander
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 large yellow onion, diced finely
- 1 generous TBSP finely chopped garlic
- 450g 1lb stewing beef, cubed into roughly 1/2” chunks (1.5cm)
- 1 TBSP sweet paprika
- 4 TBSP chili powder (see notes)
- 1 TBSP plain all purpose flour
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- 2 beef Knorr stock cubes dissolved into 16oz/475ml boiling water
- 2 x 15oz/400g cans of pinto beans rinsed/drained
- 1 x 28oz/800g can of tomatoes, drained and diced/chopped into bit size pieces
- Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a large heavy pan (with a tight fitting lid) over medium high heat. Once hot, add a few TBSP of oil and brown the beef in batches. Add more oil as needed. Take care not to overcrowd the meat so that it doesn't steam. You want a nice color on it – color means flavor so don't skimp on this part! Keep the batches of browned beef in a bowl and do not drain, you want all the juices from the meat.
- Once all the meat is browned and removed from the pan, turn the heat down to medium, then add the onions and garlic and a little more oil if needed. Saute the onions and garlic gently. You don't want to brown them. Once they have softened, turn the heat up to medium high again, pile the onions and garlic in the middle of the pan and add the spices on top (cumin/coriander/paprika/chili powder) to the pan. Stir the spices into the onions until you can smell them (just a few seconds).
- Add in the flour, oregano and the meat along with any juices to the pan and stir to combine. Carefully pour in the water/stock cube mixture and stir well.
- Bring to a boil, turn down the heat to a simmer and put the lid on. Simmer covered for 1 to 1.5 hours, checking and stirring every 20 to 30 minutes.
- Once the meat just starts to go tender add the beans and tomatoes, stir well, cover and cook for a further half hour or until the meat is so tender it easily breaks apart with a fork.
- Taste and season with salt & pepper as needed.
- Serve over what ever you want with what ever you want on top!
Below is our highly recommended and related eBook.
Price: 19.04 USD
Ebook Title:- Jew-ish: A Cookbook: Reinvented Recipes from a Modern Mensch by Cohen, Jake in
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.26 07:38:52
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended and related eBooks.
Price: 10.98 USD
Ebook Title:- Simply Ming One Pot Meals: Quick, Healthy & Affordable Recipes by Ming Tsai, Ar
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.26 21:04:29
Price: 4.14 USD
Ebook Title:- Giada at Home : Family Recipes from Italy and California: a Cookbook
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.09 21:12:33