Follow Us On Facebook
In this post, you will learn how to make Gorditas Zacatecanas (Zacatecan Baked Masa Cakes) and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Gorditas Zacatecanas (Zacatecan Baked Masa Cakes).
- FOR THE BEAN FILLING:
- 2 dried New Mexico chiles, stemmed and seeded
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- FOR THE GORDITAS:
- 2 cups masa harina (available from Mexgrocer.com)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- Make the bean filling: Heat chiles in a 10″ skillet over high heat and cook, turning, until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender with cumin, garlic, and 1⁄2 cup water; puree until smooth. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add chile mixture, beans, salt, and pepper; mash with a fork and cook, stirring often, until thickened but not dry, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Make the gorditas: Heat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk together masa harina and salt; add shortening and 1 1⁄4 cups water, and stir until dough forms. Divide into eight 2″ balls (about 2 1⁄2 oz. each); flatten each into a 1⁄4″-thick disk, and place 1 heaping tbsp. bean filling in center. Wrap disk around filling, pinching edges together to seal, then transfer, seam side down, to a parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Diet Labels For “Gorditas Zacatecanas (Zacatecan Baked Masa Cakes)”:
Health Labels For “Gorditas Zacatecanas (Zacatecan Baked Masa Cakes)”:
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 82.49 USD
Product Name:- Professional Nutri Blender Smoothie Juice Shakes Mixer Portable Bottle 700W
Product End Date:- 2022.08.03 08:07:18
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 155.99 USD
Product Name:- 18Qt Air Fryer Oven Nonstick 1800W Dehydrator Rotisserie with LED Display hu03 ~
Product End Date:- 2022.07.11 08:31:24
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 284.29 USD
Product Name:- Panasonic 30 In. Wide Trim Kit for Panasonic’s 1.6 Cu. Ft. Microwave Ovens – Sta
Product End Date:- 2022.07.25 13:56:23
The Ingredients:-FOR THE BEAN FILLING:2 dried New Mexico chiles, stemmed and seeded3/4 tsp. ground cumin1 clove garlic1 tbsp. canola oil2 cups cooked pinto beansKosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to tasteFOR THE GORDITAS:2 cups masa harina (available from Mexgrocer.com)1 tsp. kosher salt1/2 cup vegetable shorteningThe Instructions:-Make the bean filling: Heat chiles in a 10″ skillet over” />