In this post, you will learn how to make Best Baked Macaroni and Cheese and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Recipe eBook at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Best Baked Macaroni and Cheese.
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (about 8 ounces) grated Gruyere
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, plus more for dish
- 6 slices white bread
- 4 1/2 cups (about 18 ounces) grated white cheddar cheese
- 5 1/2 cups whole milk
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 3-quart casserole dish; set aside. Place bread pieces in a medium bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Pour butter into the bowl with bread, and toss. Set the breadcrumbs aside. In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, heat milk. Melt remaining 6 tablespoons butter in a high-sided skillet over medium heat. When butter bubbles, add flour. Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Slowly pour hot milk into flour-butter mixture while whisking. Continue cooking, whisking constantly, until the mixture bubbles and becomes thick.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in salt, nutmeg, black pepper, cayenne pepper, 3 cups cheddar, and 1 1/2 cups Gruyere or 1 cup pecorino Romano. Set cheese sauce aside.
- Fill a large saucepan with water. Bring to a boil. Add macaroni; cook 2 to 3 fewer minutes than manufacturer’s directions, until outside of pasta is cooked and inside is underdone. (Different brands of macaroni cook at different rates; be sure to read the instructions.) Transfer the macaroni to a colander, rinse under cold running water, and drain well. Stir macaroni into the reserved cheese sauce.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining 1 1/2 cups cheddar and 1/2 cup Gruyere or 1/4 cup pecorino Romano; scatter breadcrumbs over the top. Bake until browned on top, about 30 minutes. Transfer dish to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes; serve.
Below is our highly recommended and related eBook.
Price: 39.99 USD
Ebook Title:- Vintage 1983 More Cooking In Minnesota Homemaking Cookbook Recipes Cook Book
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.21 22:02:23
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended and related eBooks.
Price: 79.00 USD
Ebook Title:- Meat Master – Japanese 31 Chef’s Secret Recipes Korean Edition 고기 마스터
Ebook End Date:- 2022.01.25 10:44:33
Price: 37.36 USD
Ebook Title:- The Milk Street Cookbook: The Definitive Guide to the New Home Cooking, Includin
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.23 22:17:15