Follow Us On Facebook
In this post, you will learn how to make Classic Greek Moussaka and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Recipe eBook at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Classic Greek Moussaka.
- 50g homemade bread crumbs
- 50 g butter
- 480g chopped tomatoes from a can
- 2-4 egg plants, thinly sliced
- 3 egg yolks
- 230g feta cheese, grated
- 50 g flour
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- Salt and ground white pepper
- 400 g lean minced beef
- 250 ml warm milk
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- Sea salt
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- Sprinkle the egg plant slices with salt and let them stand for 45 minutes. Then wash thoroughly to remove excess salt.
- Thinly brush each slice with olive oil and bake in the preheated grill pan for several minutes on each side. Set aside. Repeat until all slices are grilled.
- For the meat sauce lightly saute the onions in olive oil until tender.
- Add ground beef and saute, stirring frequently to break up the clumps of meat, until the meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in tomatoes, garlic, cinnamon, allspice, salt and pepper and simmer briefly on low heat.
- Add in tomato paste and a little water if the sauce is to thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
- For the béchamel sauce add flour to the melted butter, stirring constantly. When the mixture is evenly thick, gradually whisk in warm milk. Gently bring to the boil, then remove from heat, season with pepper and nutmeg. Whisk in (vigorously) the egg yolks. Set aside.
- Thinly coat with olive oil a suitable ovenproof baking dish, sprinkle the bottom with homemade bread crumbs.
- Place a layer of egg plant, cover with some meat sauce and feta cheese and repeat this until the pan is almost full. Finish with a layer of feta cheese.
- Top with béchamel sauce.
- Cover with tin foil and bake in a preheated oven at 180˚C for 1 hour.
- Remove moussaka from the oven and let it set at room temperature 45 minutes before serving.
Below is our highly recommended and related eBook.
Price: 15.29 USD
Ebook Title:- The Wood Pellet Smoker and Grill Cookbook: Recipes and Techniques for the Most F
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.24 19:53:39
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended and related eBooks.
Price: 8.67 USD
Ebook Title:- 500 Budget Recipes
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.10 00:49:24
Price: 8.25 USD
Ebook Title:- The Pepper Thai Cookbook: Family Recipes from Everyone’s Favorite Thai Mom
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.19 17:37:11