In this post, you will learn how to make Easy Shepherd’s Pie (Beef And/or Lamb Combo) and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Recipe eBook at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Easy Shepherd’s Pie (Beef And/or Lamb Combo).
- 1 cup beef stock or broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese (or sour cream)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
- 2 teaspoons thyme (fresh or dried)
- 1 3/4 pounds ground beef or ground lamb*
- 1/2 cup 1%% milk (or heavy cream for richer flavor)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup to 1 frozen peas, a couple of handfuls
- 2 pounds potatoes, such as russet, peeled and cubed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire, eyeball it
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain potatoes and pour them into a bowl.
- Combine cream cheese (or sour cream), egg yolk and milk (or heavy cream). Add the cream mixture into potatoes and mash until potatoes are almost smooth.
- While potatoes boil, preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil to hot pan with beef and/or lamb.
- Season meat with salt and pepper. Brown and crumble meat for 3 or 4 minutes. If you are using lamb and the pan is fatty, spoon away some of the drippings.
- Add chopped carrot* and onion to the meat. Cook veggies with meat 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- NOTE:*by finely chopping the carrots, they will cook a little faster.
- Add the thyme.
- OPTIONAL Add the tomato paste, which gives the meat filling a richer flavor.
- In a second small skillet over medium heat cook butter and flour together 2 minutes. Whisk in broth and Worcestershire sauce. Thicken gravy 1 minute. Add gravy to meat and vegetables. Stir in peas.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Fill a small rectangular casserole with meat and vegetable mixture. Spoon potatoes over meat evenly.
- Top potatoes with paprika and broil 6 to 8 inches from the heat until potatoes are evenly browned. Top casserole dish with chopped parsley and serve
Below is our highly recommended and related eBook.
Price: 15.99 USD
Ebook End Date:- 2022.01.31 02:30:24
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended and related eBooks.
Price: 7.58 USD
Ebook End Date:- 2022.01.23 20:20:16
Price: 18.87 USD
Ebook End Date:- 2022.01.11 20:44:29