In this post, you will learn how to make Herb Roasted Chicken and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Herb Roasted Chicken.
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds crushed
- 6 cups ice water
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 4 cups water
- 1 3 lb whole chicken
- For the brine, combine the water, salt, sugar, half of the dried herbs and bay leaves into a large saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring to dissolve the salt and sugar. Reduce to heat to low and simmer for 10 min so the flavors of the herbs can be drawn out.
- Pour the brine into a deep set large bowl and cool it down with your ice water. Set aside.Clean the chicken by rinsing out the cavity and outer skin and place on a clean surface. Be sure not to contaminate any vegetables or other ingredients, because no one is a fan of salmonella!
- Place the chicken in the brine, make sure it is completely immersed in the brine. Cover and allow to marinate for at least an hour and up to 6 hours.Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Remove the chicken from the brine and place on a clean surface. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel as shown. Separate the skin from the flesh, you can do this by carefully inserting your fingers underneath the skin and gently pull up to create a space or pocket. Take the butter and rub it underneath the skin and flesh this will make your chicken moist and tender while accentuating the flavor of the herbs in the meat. Coat the skin with te remaining herbs and place in a roasting pan, if more herbs are needed just add more.
- Bake the chicken for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, basting the chicken half way through and again during the last 10 minutes. To test the doneness of your chicken, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the breast, it should read 165F. If you do not own a thermometer, cut into the chicken and if it releases pink juices it is undercooked. Your chicken is done when the juices are a clear yellow.
- Transfer the chicken to a carving board and allow it to rest for 10-20 minutes. This allows the juices to settle into the meat so it does not end up running out all over the board. To serve, begin carving the legs it is easiest to cut at the joints.
- Remove the wings and then the legs and thighs the same way. To carve each breast, start at the breabone and cut downward and parallel to the rib cage. Then make a deep horizontal cut right above the thigh and wing joints. You can choose to serve the breasts whole or cut them into thin slices.
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 114.99 USD
Product Name:- NutriBullet – 1500W Smart Touch Countertop Blender, 64 oz. (Black)
Product End Date:- 2022.06.19 16:57:33
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 169.99 USD
Product Name:- Electric Deep Fryer Basket & Lid, 3400W 20.7QT Commercial Deep Fryer Kitchen_New
Product End Date:- 2022.06.20 06:03:52
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 126.95 USD
Product Name:- Black & Decker 1.1-Cu.-Ft. 1000W Microwave – Stainless Steel – SHIPS FREE!
Product End Date:- 2022.06.09 21:31:53