Follow Us On Facebook
In this post, you will learn how to make La Fouace Nantaise – A Traditional Rum-Infused Brioche and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make La Fouace Nantaise – A Traditional Rum-Infused Brioche.
- 2 teaspoons (15 g) active dry yeast
- 1 additional egg for egg wash, lightly beaten
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fleur d'oranger (orange flower water)
- 1 pound (500 g) flour, divided, plus more for kneading
- 1/2 cup (115 ml) milk, warmed to body temperature
- 1 ounce small juice or wine glass of rum, about 3 (90 ml)
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1/4 cup of sugar (you may use less than this)
- 7 tablespoons (100 g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- Place 1 cup (125 g) of the flour in a medium-sized mixing bowl with the yeast and 1 teaspoon of the sugar.
- Add the warm milk and stir briefly just to wet all of the dry ingredients.Allow to proof for 20 40 minutes or until doubled in size, puffy and bubbly.While the yeast mixture is proofing, place the rest of the flour into a large mixing bowl with a large pinch of salt (about teaspoon), the remaining sugar, the softened butter, the glass of rum, the fleur doranger and the 4 lightly beaten eggs.Stir with a wooden spoon until all of the dry ingredients have been moistened and the mixture is well blended.
- Add the proofed yeast mixture and stir the together until well blended. It will be very sticky, too sticky to handle.Scrape the dough onto a well-floured work surface.Knead the dough, adding enough extra flour until the dough is no longer sticky and it is soft, smooth and homogenous.Carefully divide the dough into 5 or 6 equal parts, form into balls and place one in the center of a parchment-lined baking/cookie tray.
- Place the other balls of dough around the outside of the center ball to form a star shape. Dont worry if there are gaps between the balls of dough.Cover lightly with a piece of plastic wrap then a clean kitchen towel and allow to rise until doubled in size, 1 to 2 hours.Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- Brush the dough with the beaten egg and bake for 40 minutes. The fouace will have risen and be a deep golden brown. The branches of the star will have started to pull away from the center ball of brioche.Now pop the cork on that chilled bottle of Muscadet and enjoy!
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 70.00 USD
Product Name:- NutriBullet NBR-0601WM 600W Nutrient Extractor NEW IN BOX | FREE SHIPPING!!!
Product End Date:- 1970.01.01 00:00:00
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 118.00 USD
Product Name:- Char-Broil The Big Easy Oil-less Turkey Fryer (14101480)
Product End Date:- 2022.05.29 23:55:36
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 167.99 USD
Product Name:- 1000W Countertop Microwave in Stainless Steel
Product End Date:- 2022.05.04 10:29:51