Follow Us On Facebook
In this post, you will learn how to make Lemon-Poppy Seed Scones and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Recipe eBook at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Lemon-Poppy Seed Scones.
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, preferably turbinado or raw sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (1-3/4 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest grated
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups (10 ounces) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 stick (4 ounces) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 425º ad position oven rack in the center. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade, place the flour, sugar, poppy seeds, lemon zest, baking powder and salt and process for 10 seconds to blend well. Add the cold butter pieces and pulse five times at 1 second intervals, or until the butter into cut into medium pieces. Add the cream and pulse another 20 times, or until the dough holds together in small, thick clumps. Use a spatula to scrape the dough onto a lightly floured work surface. Gently squeeze the clumps together until they form a cohesive dough.
- Pat the dough into a circle 7 inches in diameter and about 1-inch thick. Use a chef's knife to cut the dough into 8 equal wedges and transfer to the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Brush the tops with a thin coating of the lightly beaten egg (you will not use all of the egg). Sprinkle evenly with sugar. Bake the scones for 17-20 minutes, until firm to the touch and golden brown. Transfer to a rack and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Below is our highly recommended and related eBook.
Price: 7.99 USD
Ebook Title:- CAKES AND BAKES COOKBOOK Hardcover 50 Recipes Cook Book
Ebook End Date:- 2022.03.05 00:45:47
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended and related eBooks.
Price: 20.36 USD
Ebook Title:- Magnolia Table, Volume 2: A Collection of Recipes for Gathering
Ebook End Date:- 2022.03.03 23:14:37
Price: 4.09 USD
Ebook Title:- Simply Scrumptious Microwaving : A Collection of Recipes from Simple Everyday…
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.12 07:34:36