Follow Us On Facebook
In this post, you will learn how to make Mama’s Challah and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Recipe eBook at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Mama’s Challah.
- 7 cups bread flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. water
- 2 packages regular yeast
- Mix in tall glass: 3 T. flour, 2 T. sugar, both packages of yeast. Stir mixture slightly then add ¾ cup lukewarm water (100-115. measure using liquid thermometer) Let this bubble & “rise” to brim of glass for about 10 minutes. (NOTE: This should bubble up to the top. If it doesn’t start to foam within in a few minutes, try again with warmer water.) In the meantime….
- In medium bowl (bowl A), combine 3 cups flour and 2 tsp. salt
- In larger bowl (bowl B) whisk together brown sugar, oil, 2 eggs
- Pour contents from bowl “A” into bowl “B”
- Add contents of glass into bowl “B”
- Add another 1 ½ cups lukewarm water (110-115 degrees) into bowl “B”
- Add 4 more cups flour into bowl “B”
- Mix everything with wooden spoon at quick pace! When it’s too thick to mix with spoon, transfer dough to floured wooden board or other surface for about 5 minutes.
- Keep hands floured, add small amounts flour by hand when dough gets sticky. It should be smooth…not too loose, not too, firm, not too sticky. Scrap off bits of dough from board, so surface is clean, & smooth. Form into a round.
- Lightly oil another large bowl, place dough in bowl, turn over to coat with oil.Cover bowl with lightly damp towel.
- Have warm oven ready (NOTE: preheat oven to 150 then turn off before putting dough in)
- Place bowl in oven for 45 minutes / 1 hour. At 45 minutes check to see if doubled in size.
- Remove bowl from oven, dip fist into flour, very gently punch 10-12 times to punch out air.
- Knead again on floured board 5 minutes, add a bit of oil to bowl again, make round; return dough to bowl, cover, return to oven, let rise again 30/40ish minutes.
- Punch down again, knead into a round. Gently divide into 2 loaves with sharp knife… do not saw. Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Place 1 loaf aside in bowl. With remaining loaf, knead with 1 hand into ball (NOTE: if using raisins, add them here), then divide into 3 pieces, braid on lightly floured board. Roll out, fatter in middle, skinny on ends of each rope. Pinch ends together, tuck under. Repeat with other loaf.
- Place on oiled cookie sheet. Make egg wash – mix 1 egg & a bit of water, brush over loaves. Bake 30 minutes.
Below is our highly recommended and related eBook.
Price: 12.95 USD
Ebook Title:- The Twelve Universal Laws of Success PAPERBACK – 2017 by Herbert Harris
Ebook End Date:- 2022.03.07 08:07:24
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended and related eBooks.
Price: 4.09 USD
Ebook Title:- The Best Recipes from New England Inns: More Than 100 Country Inns Share…
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.15 07:42:32
Price: 17.24 USD
Ebook Title:- In Bibi’s Kitchen: The Recipes and Stories of Grandmothers from the Eight Africa
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.27 21:36:34