In this post, you will learn how to make Mushroom & Cabbage Brown Rice Congee and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Mushroom & Cabbage Brown Rice Congee.
- 1/2 cup of brown rice
- 4 cups to 6 of water
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola or grapeseed oil
- 1/2 pound of shitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cabbage, cut into thin shreds
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- salt, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce,<
- In a large pot, combine the rice with four cups of water and a little salt. Bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce to low heat, cover and gently simmer for a few hours. Stir the rice periodically to ensure that it does not stick to the bottom.
- Add more water if too much evaporates before the rice grains have dissolved enough to provide a good porridge consistency. Cook the rice three to four hours until you get a thick porridge consistency.
- As the porridge is finishing, prepare the remaining ingredients. In a large pan, saut the garlic and ginger for about ten seconds in canola or gape-seed oil over medium heat. Once the garlic and ginger have released their flavors into the oil, but before they burn, add the chopped mushrooms. Saut for about 5 minutes until the mushrooms release their water and it has practically evaporated from the pan.
- Add the tablespoon of soy sauce and cook a few more seconds until absorbed.
- Place the mushrooms in a covered bowl to keep warm.
- Without rinsing the pan, add the toasted sesame oil, cabbage and a pinch of salt to the same pan and saut for 1 to 2 minutes. Allow the cabbage to begin to wilt, but avoid over-cooking it.
- Serve by dividing the congee into bowls and topping it with the sauted cabbage and mushrooms, chopped green onions and toasted sesame seeds. Provide soy sauce, rice vinegar and chili oil on the side for dressing the congee.
- Note: You can quickly make your own chili oil by warming some oil in a pan without allowing it to smoke, and adding fresh or dried crushed chilis to cook for a few minutes without burning. Once cooked, you can either strain out the chilis, or leave them in.
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 45.37 USD
Product Name:- 16 oz 2 Cups Single Serve Cups & Blade Assembly, Replacement Parts for Nutri
Product End Date:- 1970.01.01 00:00:00
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 349.99 USD
Product Name:- Air Fryer Toaster Oven 26.3QT Stainless Steel Fry Oil Free Cooking Functions
Product End Date:- 2022.06.26 17:25:48
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 169.00 USD
Product Name:- Samsung 30 Inch 1,000W Cook Power Eco Mode Over-The-Range Microwave ME19R7041FS
Product End Date:- 2022.06.23 20:49:53