In this post, you will learn how to make Pear-ginger upside-down cake and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Pear-ginger upside-down cake.
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- ¼ cup Muscovado sugar
- ½ cup Demerara sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs peeled, grated ginger
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 Tbs maple syrup or honey
- 4-5 medium to large ripe pears, peeled, cored, and quartered lengthwise
- 1 cup salt
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
- Oil a 9-inch spring form pan, and line the bottom with a 10-inch circle of parchment paper.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Melt the butter over medium heat for about 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared spring form pan, completely coating the parchment paper.
- Place the quartered pears on top of the butter-sugar mixture, lining the pieces up tightly in a decorative circle.In a large mixing bowl cream butter (cut into smaller pieces) and brown sugar for 3-5 minutes, until smooth.
- Add the grated ginger, and beat 1 minute more.
- Add the eggs one at a time,making sure that each egg is fully incorporated before adding another.
- Add in the maple syrup or honey and beat to fully mix. The mixture will look as though it is breaking or curdling, but it will come together when the dry ingredients are added.In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk to fully combine.Alternately add small amounts of flour and buttermilk to the batter, stirring and folding with a rubber spatula until the dry ingredients are just absorbed. Do not overmix the batter.
- Pour and scrape the batter into the pear-lined pan, smoothing the top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake the cake at 325F for about 1 hour and 45 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the cakes centre comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack.Cover the pan with a serving plate; then carefully invert them together. Release the sides of the pan, and lift it away. Gently lift the pans base off the cake, and peel away the parchment paper.Allow the cake to cool, and serve warm.
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 65.75 USD
Product Name:- Hand Blender SmartStick 2-Speed Corded Red For Smoothies Shakes Sauces Purees
Product End Date:- 2022.05.23 12:47:23
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 364.31 USD
Product Name:- Ultrean Frier Without Oil, Frier Air 135.3oz, Air Fryer Digital, Pan Antiadh
Product End Date:- 2022.05.15 14:50:15
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 259.00 USD
Product Name:- LG LMV2031ST 30″ Stainless Over-The-Range Microwave NOB #116100
Product End Date:- 2022.05.13 17:20:24