In this post, you will learn how to make Sachertorte and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Sachertorte.
- 1 1/2 cups apricot preserves
- 6 ozs bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp apricot brandy
- 3 ozs butter
- 5 egg whites
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup flour, sifted
- 2 ozs heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 oz sugar, plus (3 ozs)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9 by 2-inch cake pan.
- In a bowl, combine the chocolate and butter and melt over a double boiler. Set aside to cool. In a mixer, using a wire whisk, whip the egg yolks with 1 ounce sugar until light and ribbony. Beat in the chocolate mixture.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites and salt until soft peaks. Slowly add the remaining 3 ounces of sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks. Fold in the flour and then fold in 1/3 of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture to lighten it. Fold in the remaining egg whites, gently but thoroughly. Pour into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until done. To check for doneness, insert a paring knife in center of cake. It should come out dry. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
- To make the apricot filling: puree the apricot preserves. Stir in brandy.
- Slice the cake into 3 equal layers. Spread half of the apricot filling on the bottom layer. Top with a second layer of cake. Spread the remaining apricot filling and top with the last layer of cake. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- To make the glaze: in a bowl, combine the chocolate and butter. Melt over a double-boiler. Bring the cream to a boil. Stir into the melted chocolate. Cool until it reaches glazing consistency. Spread over and around the cake. Chill for another 30 minutes before serving. Serve a slice with Schlagobers or whipped cream.
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 89.99 USD
Product Name:- Ninja® Nutri-Blender Pro with Auto IQ®, 1000 Watts, Personal Blender
Product End Date:- 2022.06.21 16:10:45
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 61.24 USD
Product Name:- Air Fryer 4.5 QT Airfryer Oven Oil Less Cooker Easy to Use Classic Timer and …
Product End Date:- 2022.06.23 13:08:48
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 120.00 USD
Product Name:- Panasonic NN-SC668S Microwave Oven – Stainless Steel
Product End Date:- 2022.06.11 22:56:00