Follow Us On Facebook
In this post, you will learn how to make Spicy lentil and black rice soup with kale, spinach and leek and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Spicy lentil and black rice soup with kale, spinach and leek.
- 1 cup black rice
- 2 cups diced carrot
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 2 celery stalks (diced)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cups green lentils
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 bunch kale (chopped – I used purple kale but you can use any type)
- 1 leek (sliced)
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 bunch fresh spinach (chopped)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 10 cups water
- Start by soaking your beautiful green lentils in water while you dice up all of your veggies.While your lentils are soaking in the water, chop up your carrots, celery, garlic, onion and leek.Once all your veggies are chopped, heat up the olive oil in a stock pot over medium high heat and add the diced veggies. Cook just until the the onion and garlic softens, about 7 minutes or so.While your veggies are cooking, chop up your kale and get it ready to go, but don't add it yet. You don't need to worry about chopping the spinach leaves, when it comes time to add them, just use the whole leaf.Once your veggies are cooked, drain your lentils and add them and the rice to the veggies. If you can't find a black rice, just use wild rice.Give the veggies, rice and lentils a stir and then add your veggie broth, water, kale, spinach and all of the spices and turn the heat to high.Keep the burner on high just until the soup boils, reduce the heat to low and cover for 25 minutes. Covering the soup will ensure that the lentils and rice cook thoroughly.After the soup cooks covered for 25 minutes, remove the cover and continue to cook on low for another 30 minutes or so. I added another 1/2 tsp of salt and a bit of pepper for flavoring at this point and it was a perfect balance.After the final 30 minutes of simmer, simply serve and enjoy!
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 54.20 USD
Product Name:- Starfrit 024300-004-0000 Personal Blender Two Cups Two Blades
Product End Date:- 2022.06.15 16:43:55
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 189.99 USD
Product Name:- (NEW) PowerXL 10 qt. Vortex Air Fryer Pro
Product End Date:- 2022.06.12 22:22:37
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 329.00 USD
Product Name:- Samsung ME21R7051SG 30″ Black Stainless Over-The-Range Microwave NOB #114250
Product End Date:- 2022.06.13 19:21:36