Follow Us On Facebook
In this post, you will learn how to make Butternut Squash and Chickpea Cakes Recipe and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Butternut Squash and Chickpea Cakes Recipe.
- 400 gr butternut squash, peeled & cut into 1-2 cm cubes
- 1 tbsp palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tin/jar (400 gr) cooked chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 40 gr (1/3 cup) polenta/cornmeal (or breadcrumbs) plus extra for coating
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg
- a handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190 C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Tip the squash cubes onto the tray and drizzle with the olive oil. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle it over the squash. Toss it all together with your hands so it is evenly coated. Roast for 15-20 minutes until golden and soft when pierced with a knife.Meanwhile, put the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl then tip the cooked squash into the bowl as well. Mix everything together well with your hands, squishing the squash and chickpeas to create a mushy but still a bit chunky mixture. Squish until the mixture comes together and holds it”™s shape.At this point you can cover the surface of the mixture directly with cling film and refrigerate for an hour or until needed. It will firm up in the fridge and be easier to work with but you can make them straight away if you can”™t wait. Meanwhile make the sauces (see recipes below).Divide and shape the mixture into 12 equal patties (about 60 gr. each). Pour some polenta (or breadcrumbs) onto a large flat plate and lightly dip the patties into the polenta on each side as well as rolling the sides in it too.Heat about 1/2 cm of olive oil in a frying pan until hot then turn it down to medium and cook the patties for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden and crispy.Serve immediately with the trio of sauces and some salad leaves.
Diet Labels For “Butternut Squash and Chickpea Cakes Recipe”:
Health Labels For “Butternut Squash and Chickpea Cakes Recipe”:
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 165.00 USD
Product Name:- Ninja Kitchen System with Auto IQ Boost and 7-Speed Blender – 622356562096
Product End Date:- 2022.07.17 00:56:25
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 130.00 USD
Product Name:- Masterbuilt Turk N Surf Electric Indoor Turkey Fryer & Kettle Model 23011511
Product End Date:- 2022.07.26 03:11:05
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 199.00 USD
Product Name:- Whirlpool WMH31017HS 30″ Stainless Over-The-Range Microwave NOB #107752
Product End Date:- 2022.08.01 12:25:20
The Ingredients:-400 gr butternut squash, peeled & cut into 1-2 cm cubes1 tbsp palm sugar (or brown sugar)1/4 tsp cinnamon1 tbsp olive oil1 tin/jar (400 gr) cooked chickpeas, rinsed & drained40 gr (1/3 cup) polenta/cornmeal (or breadcrumbs) plus extra for coating1 tbsp garam masala2 tsp ground cumin1 tbsp finely chopped garlic (about 3 cloves)1 tbsp fresh” />