In this post, you will learn how to make Beef Wellington and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Recipe eBook at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Beef Wellington.
- 1/2 lb goose or duck, liver pate or 17 oz. can liver pate
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tsps milk
- 1 8 oz. pkg. mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 . sized onion, minced
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 17 ¼ oz. pkg. frozen puff pastry
- 2 Tbsps red wine
- 1 6 lb. whole beef tenderloin roast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- In heavy 1 quart saucepan over low heat, in 3 tablespoons hot butter, cook 1 tablespoon minced onion until tender. Stir in 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour; cook until lightly browned; add 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper. Slowly stir in one 10 1/2 ounce can condensed beef broth (bouillon), 1/2 cup red wine and 1/4 cup water. Increase heat to medium high; cook mixture, stirring constantly, until sauce boils and thickens.
- To serve, garnish with parsley. Cut Beef Wellington into wedges. Serve with Bordelaise sauce. Makes 10 servings. About 640 calories per serving.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In large open roasting pan on rack, form tenderloin into ring so that thick end rests on thin end to hold securely. Brush beef with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Insert meat thermometer into center of tenderloin. Roast tenderloin 40 minutes or until thermometer reaches 120 degrees F. (very rare). Remove tenderloin from oven and let stand 30 minutes. Do not turn oven off.
- Thaw pastry as label directs.
- Meanwhile, in 10 inch skillet over medium high heat, in 3 tablespoons hot butter, cook onion until tender. Add mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until all liquid evaporates. Stir in red wine and cook over medium heat until mixture is dry. Remove skillet from heat; cool slightly.
- On lightly floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll 1 sheet puff pastry into 14×12 inch rectangle. Place puff pastry sheet on ungreased large cookie sheet. Center partially roasted tenderloin ring on dough. With knife, cut pastry with 1 inch border all around tenderloin; reserve trimmings for decoration.
- Spread pate evenly over tenderloin; top with mushroom mixture. With pastry brush, brush some egg white on pastry around tenderloin. On lightly floured surface, roll second sheet puff pastry as above; place loosely over tenderloin ring, pressing pastry around base of tenderloin to seal; crimp pastry border to make a pretty edge.
- With knife, cut trimmings into holly leaves; roll small pieces into holly berries. Use remaining egg white to attach pastry berries and leaves on top crust.
- In cup, with fork, beat egg yolk with milk; brush top and sides of pastry with egg mixture. Bake Beef Wellington 10 minutes; reduce heat to 375 degrees; bake 20 minutes longer or until crust is golden. With 2 pancake turners, transfer roast to warm platter. Let stand 15 minutes for easier slicing.
- Prepare Bordelaise Sauce.
Below is our highly recommended and related eBook.
Price: 5.00 USD
Ebook Title:- 2000 Taste of Home CASSEROLE COOKING 45 easy recipes AMERICAN CUISINE booklet
Ebook End Date:- 2022.03.04 14:02:38
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended and related eBooks.
Price: 4.13 USD
Ebook Title:- Vegan Handbook : Over 200 Delicious Recipes, Meal Plans and Vegetarian…
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.27 18:48:15
Price: 4.73 USD
Ebook Title:- American Home Cooking : 400 Spirited Recipes Celebrating Our Rich Traditions…
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.28 19:51:18