Follow Us On Facebook
In this post, you will learn how to make Chicken and White Bean Chili and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Recipe eBook at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Chicken and White Bean Chili.
- 4 pounds whole chicken cut into quarters or approximately 1 ½ pounds (750g) boneless chicken
- 4 cups (1 liter) water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules or chicken soup base
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1 medium size yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 medium to large size orange, red or yellow bell pepper, with seeds
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ounce – 15.5 (439g) tin cannellini beans (or any other white bean), drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 cup (250ml) single cream or heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup (187ml) soured cream
- Pepper to taste
- Rinse the chicken quarters really well and place them in a stock pot.
- To the chicken in the pot, add the water (water should mostly cover the chicken), bouillon, bay leaf, onion, bell pepper and garlic.
- Place the stock pot over medium high heat and bring to a boil; reduce the heat to medium, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove pot from the heat.
- Remove chicken quarters from the pot and transfer them to a cutting board and cool until they can be comfortably handled. Remove meat from the bones and chop it into small pieces then shred slightly; set aside.
- Remove approximately 1 cup (250ml) of the liquid from the stock pot and set aside.
- Return the stock pot to medium heat and bring to a simmer. Place the flour into a small bowl.
- While stirring constantly, gradually add the reserved liquid to the flour until a smooth paste is formed.
- Pour the paste into the stock pot and stir constantly until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add the beans, chopped chicken, chili powder, coriander and cumin.
- Increase the heat to medium and, stirring frequently, simmer, uncovered for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the fresh coriander, single cream and soured cream.
- Stir well until the single and soured creams are completely incorporated into the chili.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with chopped avocado, spring onion, fresh coriander or grated cheese.
- Like most soups, this chili is great refrigerated and served the next day but if you intend on freezing it, leave out the whipping cream and soured cream (they separate when frozen) and add them just before serving.
- If you’d like to spice things up a bit, add ¼ – ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes for a slightly hot flavor.
Below is our highly recommended and related eBook.
Price: 4.13 USD
Ebook Title:- Southern Living: 2006 Annual Recipes
Ebook End Date:- 2022.01.27 06:39:51
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended and related eBooks.
Price: 8.67 USD
Ebook Title:- Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen: Recipes from My Family to Yours: A Cookb
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.26 16:56:57
Price: 5.65 USD
Ebook Title:- The Farmhouse Chef: Recipes and Stories from My Carolina Farm Jam
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.16 12:55:15