In this post, you will learn how to make Coffee Mousse Cake and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Coffee Mousse Cake.
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour (570 cal)
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon brandy (20 cal)
- 1 tablespoon brandy (40 cal)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, not packed (140 cal)
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese (330 cal)
- pinch of cream of tartar
- 8 ounces dark chocolate (1090 cal)
- 4 egg whites (60 cal)
- 3 eggs separated (210 cal)
- 2 tablespoons gelatin
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee (10 cal)
- 1/2 cup milk (65 cal)
- 2/3 cup milk (85 cal)
- 1 tablespoon raspberry sauce (50 cal)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar (390 cal)
- 3/4 cup + 3 tbsp sugar (720 cal)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter or margarine at room temperature (1220 cal)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (10 cal)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract (75 cal)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup water
- For the cake
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter a 9-inch cake pan.In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk together.Cream the butter and the 3/4 cup of sugar, with a mixer or a heavy wooden spoon.
- Whisk in the egg yolks, the milk and the vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth.
- Whisk in the flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time. Dont overwork.Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar for about 2 minutes until soft peaks. Then add the remaining 3 tbsp of sugar and beat until medium peaks.
- Whisk one-forth of the egg mixture into the butter mixture to lighten it. Fold the rest of the egg white mixture with a rubber spatula.
- Spread the batter in the cake pan, and bake for about 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in a cake pan and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.When the cake is at a room temperature, insert 4 toothpicks on 4 sides of the cakes, to mark the middle. With a long bread knife, cut the cake into 2 halves lengthwise along the toothpicks.For the syrup
- Mix the sugar with the water and the brandy thoroughly until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Place in the fridge until the cake is ready to assemble. When the coffee mousse is ready using a pastry brush spread the syrup over the 2 halves and let soak for 3-5 minutes before adding the mousse.For the mousse
- Soak gelatin in 1/4 cup water for 3 minutes, heat it up in a microwave for 1/2 minute.
- Let it sit for 3 minutes, the gelatin water will become completely clear.
- Add instant coffee into 2 tbsp of warm water, stir till melts.In a food processor or a blender, process the cottage cheese until smooth.
- Add the brandy, the coffee, the vanilla essence, 1/4 cup of sugar and the gelatin and blend to uniform consistency.
- Whisk 4 egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and beat until medium peaks. Fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture.
- Spread 1/2 of the mousse over the first layer of the cake, once its soaked with the syrup.
- Place the second cake layer on top of the mousse and spread the remaining mousse over the top and along the sides. It is very convenient to use an offset spatula to smoothen the mousse.Chill the cake in the fridge for about 3 hours until the mousse sets.For the ganache
- Break the chocolate into small pieces.
- Pour the raspberry syrup over the chocolate.In a small saucepan heat the milk until simmers.
- Pour the milk over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture is of uniform consistency.
- Let the ganache cool for about 5 minutes until only slightly warm and pour over the cake. Do not pour hot ganache because it could melt the mousse.Chill the cake for another 3 hours.
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 46.99 USD
Product Name:- Dryer Drum Roller Assembly Compatible With LG Kenmore 4581EL2002C, 6 Rollers
Product End Date:- 2022.05.01 20:45:04
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 185.99 USD
Product Name:- WEESTA Air Fryer Toaster Oven – 5-In-1 Convection Oven with Air Fry Roast Toas
Product End Date:- 2022.05.22 05:54:32
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 108.98 USD
Product Name:- New 0.9 Cu. Ft. Compact Microwave Stainless Steel Kitchen Appliances Countertop
Product End Date:- 2022.05.17 00:30:32