In this post, you will learn how to make Fresh Fig, Walnut, Rosemary Upside Down Cake And A Crisp Citrusy Chardonnay and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Fresh Fig, Walnut, Rosemary Upside Down Cake And A Crisp Citrusy Chardonnay.
- ¼ C unsalted butter
- ½ C light brown sugar
- 10 fresh ripe figs, tips removed, halved
- 3 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary, divided in half
- 4 to 5 tbsp. walnut pieces
- 1 C flour, sifted (sifting creates a lighter cake)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 2 tbsp. citron vodka
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Position a rack in the center of the oven, and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Add butter to a 9 inch round baking pan and place inside of a warm oven until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the butter.
- Add figs, flesh side up.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp of the rosemary.
- Fill in the nooks and crannies with walnut pieces.
- In a medium bowl sift flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs with sugar at medium speed until creamy.
- Because I liked this cake better with the eggs added whole rather than separating and adding the egg whites at the end, I beat the eggs and sugar for an additional 3 minutes until they were frothy and small bubbles formed.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat until well combined.
- Pour cake batter evenly over the fruit and smooth with a spatula.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until cake is golden and a toothpick into the center comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Run a blunt knife around the edges of the pan to loosen the cake.
- Invert carefully onto a plate.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Leftovers are yummy heated for about 15 seconds in the microwave!
- Delicious with a bold cup of java or a cool glass of Chardonnay like this one Edna Valley 2010 Paragon. Crisp, citrusy with a hint of peach and a small amount of spice. Great paring with the strong lemon base of this cake!
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 349.95 USD
Product Name:- Greenis FGR 8830 Smart Power Blender – WHITE – Bluetooth & Thermometer in Tamper
Product End Date:- 2022.05.15 18:42:54
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 88.99 USD
Product Name:- Electric Digital Air Fryer 1800W Adjustable Temperature Non-stick a 01 e 12 b 29
Product End Date:- 2022.05.24 03:05:49
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 190.85 USD
Product Name:- CM-M093ARD Retro Microwave with 9 Preset Programs, Fast Multi-stage Cooking,
Product End Date:- 2022.05.25 12:36:50