Follow Us On Facebook
In this post, you will learn how to make Green Bean Casserole from Scratch and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Recipe eBook at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Green Bean Casserole from Scratch.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, half diced and other half thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry (a fortified wine)
- 1 pound fresh green beans (about 4 cups), cut in half
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 2 1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water until crisp and tender.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add diced onion and cook until softened and translucent, about 4 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, onion powder, 1 teaspoon salt, thyme and pepper. Cook another 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle 1/3 cup flour over the vegetables; stir to coat. Add milk and sherry and bring to a simmer, stirring often to reduce flour lumps. Stir in green beans and return to a simmer. Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute. Stir in sour cream. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Whisk the remaining 1/3 cup flour, paprika, garlic powder and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow dish. Add sliced onion; toss to coat. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion to oil and cook, turning once or twice, until golden and crispy, 4 to 5 minutes. Spread the onion topping over the casserole.
- Bake the casserole until bubbling, about 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Below is our highly recommended and related eBook.
Price: 9.57 USD
Ebook Title:- 1984 Betty Crocker MAKE IT NOW SERVE IT LATER refrigerator recipes DESSERTS more
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.27 13:02:11
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended and related eBooks.
Price: 15.73 USD
Ebook Title:- Home Sausage Making, 4th Edition: From Fresh and Cooked to Smoked, Dried, and Cu
Ebook End Date:- 2022.01.29 18:11:32
Price: 4.37 USD
Ebook Title:- 1001 Cookie Recipes: The Ultimate A-To-Z Collection of Bars, Drops, Crescents, S
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.02 16:10:11