In this post, you will learn how to make Split-Pea Soup and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Split-Pea Soup.
- 3 bay leaves
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 carrots peeled, and
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 1/2 quarts low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 mediums onions finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 smoked ham hock – (about 1 lb)
- 1 pound dried split peas
- 4 slices thick-cut smoked bacon
- * Note: Although this is an easy, straightforward recipe, be sure to use the ham hock or ham bone. I have tested this soup without it and find that without the bone and the meat, it is not really worth making. If you cannot find a smoked ham hock (usually found in the freezer section) and you do not have any cooked ham available, use bone-in smoked ham. (If you want a really meaty soup, use 2 pounds instead of 1.)Cook the bacon in 6-quart stock pot or Dutch oven and drain on paper towels.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat and then add the olive oil and butter. Over medium heat, cook until foam subsides and then add the onion and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently for 15 to 20 minutes until onions are dark brown and have caramelized.
- Add the garlic, celery and carrots and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until carrots have softened.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the salt and pepper and bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer gently for about 1 1/2 hours, until peas fall apart and soup is thick.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Remove the ham bones, trim off any meat, and return the meat to the pot, discarding the bones.
- Whisk soup until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings. (The ham is salty and therefore it is unlikely you will need to add salt.) Crumble bacon and sprinkle on individual servings.This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 98.99 USD
Product Name:- 2L 1800W Blender Maker for Shakes and Smoothies Variable speeds Control f 119
Product End Date:- 2022.07.02 01:20:02
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 149.99 USD
Product Name:- Freidora Profunda Con Cesta 2 Cestas Capacidad Aceite 4,5 Litros Acero NUEVO
Product End Date:- 1970.01.01 00:00:00
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 532.50 USD
Product Name:- GE Profile PEM31SFSS Countertop Microwave
Product End Date:- 2022.07.03 15:44:52