Follow Us On Facebook
In this post, you will learn how to make Chawanmushi (Japanese Egg Custard) and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Chawanmushi (Japanese Egg Custard).
- 2 Japanese-style dried anchovies (iriko), heads removed
- ½ (2″x15″) piece kombu
- 2 tbsp. dried bonito flakes
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut crosswise into ½”-thick slices, 1½” long
- 4 medium shrimp, heads removed, peeled, and deveined, halved lengthwise
- 1½ tsp. soy sauce
- 1½ tsp. mirin
- 3 eggs
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and cut into 2 triangles each
- 4 tops of parsley sprigs, tied into a knot
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Bring anchovies, kombu, and 1 1⁄2 cups water to a boil in a 4-qt. saucepan; remove and discard anchovies and kombu with a slotted spoon. Add bonito; remove from heat. Let steep for 5 minutes; pour through a strainer and set dashi aside.
- Heat oven to 325°. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add chicken; cook until opaque, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl; set aside. Add shrimp; cook until opaque, about 30 seconds. Drain; add to bowl with chicken. Divide mixture among four 6-oz. ramekins; place in a 9″x13″ baking dish.
- Whisk dashi, soy sauce, mirin, and eggs in a bowl; pour through a fine strainer into a liquid measuring cup. Pour over shrimp and chicken in ramekins; top with mushroom triangle. Pour boiling water into baking dish to come halfway up sides of ramekins; bake until custard is just set, about 30 minutes.
- Divide parsley among custard tops, and continue cooking until parsley is slightly wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from oven, and transfer ramekins to serving plates; sprinkle with lemon zest before serving.
Diet Labels For “Chawanmushi (Japanese Egg Custard)”:
Health Labels For “Chawanmushi (Japanese Egg Custard)”:
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 65.00 USD
Product Name:- Ninja Mega Kitchen System (BL770) Blender/Food Processor Parts
Product End Date:- 2022.07.22 17:21:47
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 149.99 USD
Product Name:- 21QT Air Fryer 1700W AirFryer Oven 16-in-1 Combo Electric Toaster Oven m 55
Product End Date:- 2022.07.31 10:50:25
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 399.00 USD
Product Name:- LG LMHM2237BD 30″ Black Stainless Over-The-Range Microwave NOB #115210
Product End Date:- 2022.07.30 12:38:21
The Ingredients:-2 Japanese-style dried anchovies (iriko), heads removed½ (2″x15″) piece kombu2 tbsp. dried bonito flakes1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut crosswise into ½”-thick slices, 1½” long4 medium shrimp, heads removed, peeled, and deveined, halved lengthwise1½ tsp. soy sauce1½ tsp. mirin3 eggs2 shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and cut into 2 triangles each4 tops of parsley sprigs, tied into” />