In this post, you will learn how to make Broccoli and Cheese Phyllo Pie and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Broccoli and Cheese Phyllo Pie.
- 1 head of broccoflower, cut into 'florettes'
- 4 eggs
- 8 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons of mayo (I used this since I was using skim milk)
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- dash of cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 inch package of phyllo dough sheets (1 of the 2 cylinders the box), at room temperature
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted (you may or may not be heavy handed with this)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Put your broccoflower in a pot with a enough water to cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside. In a large bowl put your chopped bacon, green onions, shredded cheese, mix well.
- In a medium bowl put your eggs, salt, peppers, flour, mayo and milk beat well. I used an immersion blender for the mayo tends to 'seize in little pieces from the cold milk. The immersion blender made it all smooth.
- Unroll your phyllo dough and cover with a damp paper towel. Either grease your 8 inch springform pan with cooking spray or melted butter. Uncover your dough and remove two sheets of phyllo (replacing the damp towel) and lay into your springform pan. Take your pastry brush and coat it with butter. Making sure the phyllo 'sticks' to the sides. Rotate pan a bit and repeat with two more layers and butter. Keep rotating and layering and buttering until you have quite a thick 'phyllo' nest. Roughly about 3/4 of the roll. Since there are 20 sheets to a roll and you are putting down 2 layers at a time; this will be about 14-16 sheets)
- Since your broccoli is cool now, roughly chop it and mix it in with the bacon and cheese mixture.
- Put the broccoli/bacon/cheese mix into your phyllo nest and gently pat down. Remix your egg mixture (pepper and flour may settle a bit) and pour over your broccoli mixture.
- Take your remaining phyllo sheets and put on top 2 layers at a time coating with butter in between.
- Roll your over hanging edges with the phyllo sides to create a 'crust edge'.
- Brush top with butter.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. You may need to cover the phyllo after an hour to keep it from overbrowning.
- Let sit 15 minutes before cutting (you don't want everything to ooze out on you).
- Be careful cutting very gently so you don't MASSACRE your phyllo dough. Use a serrated knife and gently saw. When you get to the bottom where the phyllo is more thick….you don't have to be so gentle.
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 49.90 USD
Product Name:- The Original Magic Bullet 11 Piece Set Blender & Mixer, Small, Silver, Brand New
Product End Date:- 2022.05.22 17:35:54
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 67.99 USD
Product Name:- Air Fryer Accessories Muffins Cup Silicone Head Cover for 5.3-5.8Qt Cooking
Product End Date:- 2022.05.22 08:37:31
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 299.00 USD
Product Name:- GE Profile PEB7227DLBB 25″ Black 2.2 Cu. Ft. Built-In Microwave NOB #120307
Product End Date:- 2022.05.24 20:02:04