In this post, you will learn how to make Chicken and Leek Porridge and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Chicken and Leek Porridge.
- 1 chicken breast, bone in, skin on
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced (make sure you thoroughly wash your leek! Lots of sand!)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 medium garlic gloves, minced
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup of brown basmati rice*
- 5 cups of low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup of baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup of green peas
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub your chicken with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle on 1 tsp of salt and a tsp of ground black pepper.
- Put in oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit. (if you dont have time to cook your chicken, you can buy a rotisserie from the store and shred about a 1 cup of the chicken.)
- Using a large soup pot (large creuset is nice), turn heat on to medium.
- Once pot is hot, add the 1-tablespoon of olive oil, the onions, carrots and the leek.
- Add 1 tsp of salt and a tsp of ground black pepper.
- Once the onions are translucent, add the garlic and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the bay leaf, thyme and chili pepper flakes (if using). Stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add the rice. Stir the rice until well coated with oil and well combined with other ingredients.
- Add 5 cups of the chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and put the cover on the pot. Stirring occasionally (so the rice doesnt settle), let simmer for about 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, shred your roasted chicken breast into bite-sized pieces.
- After 45 minutes, your rice should have a porridge-like consistency (slightly more liquid present than in a risotto, but not as much as a soup). 1
- Add your shredded chicken, mushrooms and peas. Stir and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with a little parsley on top and enjoy hot!
- The basmati rice is not nearly as starchy as a shorter grain rice, so you wont fully get a porridge like consistency here if you use it. However, I use it in my recipe because it has greater nutritional benefits.
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 155.13 USD
Product Name:- 3.9L High Speed Blender Bar Cocktail Ice Crushing Juice Milkshake Making Machine
Product End Date:- 2022.07.02 03:15:49
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 63.00 USD
Product Name:- Stainless Steel Commercial Household Electric Deep Fryer Fried Chicken Pan 6L
Product End Date:- 2022.06.05 02:58:30
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 369.05 USD
Product Name:- Home & Kitchenware Whirlpool Magicook Pro 25 L Solo Microwave Oven (Black)
Product End Date:- 2022.06.30 09:23:05