Follow Us On Facebook
In this post, you will learn how to make Classic Apple Pie with Perfect Crust and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Recipe eBook at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Classic Apple Pie with Perfect Crust.
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon tablespoon plus 1 cornstarch
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups of flour
- 6 Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored, and sliced ¼ thick (approx. 8 cups)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of shortening
- ice cold water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Before you begin assembiling your ingredients, place a large glass of water into the freezer.
- Do not skip this step.
- In a large bowl combine the sliced apples, sugars, lemon juice, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Stir well and let sit will you make the crust.
- Get your glass of water from the freezer.
- Combine flour and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Cut in the shortening.
- Place the egg and vinegar in a 1/2 cup, top up with the water from the freezer.
- Stir this into the flour mixture.
- Stir until a ball is formed.
- Shape into 2 small discs and wrap, place in the fridge for 30 mintes.
- Generously flour the surface and rolling pin.
- Beginning in the center of the disc of dough, roll out, lifting often to be sure it is not sticking to the counter.
- If you find it sticking, add a touch more flour to the counter.
- Once it is large enough to line a 9 inch pie plate either roll it lightly around the rolling pin or gently fold it into fouths and transfar to the pie plate.
- Be sure you have at least an half inch of dough over hanging the edge of the plate.
- Add the cornstarch to the apples and stir well to incorporate.
- Pour the bowl of apples into the pastry lined pie plate.
- Dot the surface with the butter.
- Roll out the second disc of dough, making sure it is large enough to cover the top including the half in dough overhang around the edges.
- Now you tuck the top layer of crust under the bottem layer of crust going completely around the whole pie.
- Crimp the edge if the crust with wither your fingers or a fork, being sure to not break through the dough.
- Be sure it is sealed well.
- With a paring knife make a few slits through the top crust, and sprinkle with a half teaspoon of sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Do allow to cool for at least an hour so the filling can set.
Below is our highly recommended and related eBook.
Price: 7.89 USD
Ebook Title:- FOOD & WINE: Best of the Best, Volume 16: The Best Recipes from the 25 Best Cook
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.17 05:43:14
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended and related eBooks.
Price: 4.09 USD
Ebook Title:- Tidewater on the Halfshell: Fine Virginia Recipes
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.03 00:56:03
Price: 12.08 USD
Ebook Title:- The Home Cook: Recipes to Know by Heart: A Cookbook by Guarnaschelli, Alex , Har
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.28 14:07:27