In this post, you will learn how to make Classic Custard Quiche Lorraine and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Recipe eBook at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Classic Custard Quiche Lorraine.
- 3 slices thick bacon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 refrigerated pie crust dough (1/2 of a 15-ounce box), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
- Pinch each of dried thyme and nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups heavy or whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place pie crust dough onto a lightly floured surface and unroll it.
- Using a rolling pin, roll crust into a circle about 13 inches in diameter.
- Place crust into a spring form pan and fold the edge of the crust to the outside of the pan, pressing it into the sides of pan. (This is so crust doesn’t shrink in baking.)
- Prick crust all over bottom and sides with a fork.
- Bake, uncovered, until crust begins to brown just slightly, about 7 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While crust bakes, cook bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat until very crisp and brown on both sides, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- While bacon cooks, peel and mince onion, and set aside.
- When bacon is done, remove to a plate lined with paper towels, blot any extra fat, and set aside.
- Remove all but about 1 teaspoon of the fat in the skillet, add onion and cook until translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Scatter onions and half of cheeses evenly over crust bottom. Set aside.
- Finely chop bacon, and scatter half of it over cheese in crust. Set remaining bacon and cheese aside.
- Break eggs into a blender container.
- Add cream, milk, flour, pepper, tarragon, thyme and nutmeg, and process on high until very foamy, about 1 minute.
- Pour half of egg mixture into pie crust.
- Scatter in remaining bacon and cheese.
- Top with remaining egg mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, until top is light brown and quiche is just set (center should still jiggle very slightly) 55 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven and cool at least 15 minutes before removing sides of spring form pan.
- Quiche may be cooled to room temperature and frozen, still in pan and covered tightly with both plastic wrap and foil, for up to 2 weeks. Defrost in refrigerator 2 days, bring back to room temperature and reheat 5 minutes, uncovered, in a 300-degree oven before preparing to serve. Alternately, quiche can be refrigerated for up to two days. Follow directions above for reheating.
- To serve, cut quiche crust away from the spring form pan’s side with a serrated knife, leaving about a 1-inch crust side above filling of the quiche.
- Remove sides of spring form pan, slice and serve.
Below is our highly recommended and related eBook.
Price: 9.08 USD
Ebook Title:- Backyard Farming: Canning & Preserving: Over 75 Recipes For The Homestead K…
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.19 14:43:11
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended and related eBooks.
Price: 9.47 USD
Ebook Title:- Simply Real Eating: Everyday Recipes and Rituals for a Healthy Life Made Simple
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.28 01:42:41
Price: 14.07 USD
Ebook Title:- The Psoriasis AIP Cookbook: Recipes to Improve Skin Health with the Paleo Autoim
Ebook End Date:- 2022.03.08 09:31:57