In this post, you will learn how to make Julia Child’s Coq au Vin and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Recipe eBook at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Julia Child’s Coq au Vin.
- 1/2 lb bacon slices
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 lb button mushrooms, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 3 lbs chicken thighs and legs, excess fat trimmed, skin ON
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- Several fresh parsley sprigs
- 20 pearl onions, peeled, or 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups red wine (pinot noir, burgundy, or zinfandel)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Several fresh thyme sprigs
- Blanch the bacon to remove some of its saltiness. Drop the bacon into a saucepan of cold water, covered by a couple of inches. Bring to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes, drain. Rinse in cold water, pat dry with paper towels. Cut the bacon into 1 inch by 1/4 inch pieces.
- Brown bacon on medium high heat in a dutch oven big enough to hold the chicken, about 10 minutes. Remove the cooked bacon, set aside. Keep the bacon fat in the pan. Working in batches if necessary, add onions and chicken, skin side down. Brown the chicken well, on all sides, about 10 minutes. Halfway through the browning, add the garlic and sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Spoon off any excess fat. Add the chicken stock, wine, and herbs. Add back the bacon. Lower heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until chicken is tender and cooked through. Remove chicken and onions to a separate platter. Remove the bay leaves, herb sprigs, garlic, and discard.
- Add mushrooms to the remaining liquid and turn the heat to high. Boil quickly and reduce the liquid by three fourths until it becomes thick and saucy. Lower the heat, stir in the butter. Return the chicken and onions to the pan to reheat and coat with sauce. Adjust seasoning. Garnish with parsley and serve with potatoes or egg noodles.
Below is our highly recommended and related eBook.
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended and related eBooks.
Price: 29.99 USD
Ebook Title:- Vtg The Vernon Company Appetizing Specialties Cookbook Food Newton Iowa IA 1980s
Ebook End Date:- 2022.03.11 22:43:40
Price: 4.95 USD
Ebook Title:- Pampered Chef SEASON’S BEST RECIPE BOOKLET Fall/Winter 2021
Ebook End Date:- 2022.02.23 20:48:37