In this post, you will learn how to make Montreal style bagels and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Montreal style bagels.
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 5 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. sunflower oil
- 1 package of active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp. beated egg
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 4 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 4 quarts water
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 425
- In a large bowl combine warm water, sugar, oil, yeast, egg, and maple syrup. Stir until the yeast dissolves.
- Add salt and one cup of flour. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, mix until fully incorporated.
- In batches of cup, add flour and mix until each addition is fully combined. The dough will become quite firm and smooth.
- Transfer the dough to a smooth, flat surface and knead for about 10 minutes. If the dough is sticky add more flour, one tablespoon at a time.
- Let the dough rest, covered, for about 10 minutes.
- Cut the dough in half. Divide each half again. Continue until you have 12 equal sized portions of dough.
- Roll each ball of dough into 10 inch long strips. Wrap the strand of dough around your hand and press down on one end with your thumb.
- Brush a small amount of water into the indentation and press the other end of the strip into it to create a bagel shape.
- Roll the dough between your palms to smooth the seam.
- Fill a large pot with 4 quarts of water and add the honey. Bring to a boil.
- While you wait for the water to boil, prepare your work station.
- Lay a clean dishtowel down next to your pot.
- Place the sesame seeds in a shallow bowl and keep nearby. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- When the water begins to boil, drop 3 bagels into the pot for 90 seconds, turning halfway through. When the cooking is complete, the bagels will float to the top. Using a slotted spoon transfer to the clean dishtowel to cool. Once the bagels are cool enough to handle place them into the bowl of sesame seeds and lightly press down. Turn and repeat to cover the other side.
- Place on the prepared cookie sheet. Continue this process until all the bagels are boiled and coated with seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn all the bagels.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes until they are evenly browned.
- Cool on a rack and store in an airtight container.
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 106.80 USD
Product Title:- Ninja BL610 Professional 72 Oz Countertop Blender with 1000-Watt Base
Product End Date:- 2022.05.11 03:14:40
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 256.06 USD
Product Title:- Inalsa Air Fryer Digital (Black) Compact Touch-(2.4L)-1000W,Timer Control,
Product End Date:- 2022.05.15 07:18:57
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 1,599.99 USD
Product Title:- Viking 5 Series VWD530SS 30 Inch Warming Drawer
Product End Date:- 2022.05.08 20:16:14