In this post, you will learn how to make Oeufs En Meurette and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Oeufs En Meurette.
- 3 slc fat bacon cut 1/2″ pieces
- 1 cup beef bouillon – (8 fl oz)
- 1 bouquet garni – (1 bay leaf, 4 sprigs parsley, 1 sprig thyme, 3″ piece celery) tied with string,
- 4 inch slc white bread cut rounds
- 3 Tbsps butter – (1 ¾ oz)
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tbsps all-purpose flour – (1 ½ oz)
- 3 garlic cloves crushed, plus
- 3 Tbsps red wine vinegar
- 6 large shallots peeled, each
- 1 sugar lump
- Pour 1 1/2 ounces of clarified butter into a pan and heat until smoking, about 400 degrees. Add the shallots and stir briskly. Add the bacon and brown lightly. To this mixture, add the crushed garlic cloves. Stir in the flour and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Add all of the Burgundy and whisk in off the heat.
- Add the bouillon and stir thoroughly. Now add the lump of sugar, for luck. Pop in the bouquet garni, salt and pepper and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. After 1 hour add the red wine vinegar. At the end of 1 1/2 hours, add 1 ounce fresh butter to the sauce.
- Pass the sauce through a sieve and scrape every last drop of it through. Return to a clean pan and allow to cook gently. In a skillet cook the garlic in a little clarified butter to release the natural juices. Drop the rounds of bread into the garlic butter and add a little more clarified butter, if necessary. Fry until crisp and golden brown.
- Prick the wide end of the eggs with an egg pricker or needle and lower them into a pan of boiling water with a wire basket. Count 10 seconds and remove the eggs and break them into a cup. Take the water off the boil and add a pinch of salt and the eggs. Raise the heat and gently poach the eggs. Meanwhile remove the fried bread rounds from their pan and place in heated serving dishes or small bowls.
- With a slotted spoon remove eggs from water and place each on a piece of garlic bread. Pour the sauce around the egg, leaving some white showing. Garnish with parsley.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: Poached eggs on garlic bread with a red wine sauce poured around them. Speciality of “La Taverne Du Poties” Paris.
- Recommended drink: A good dry red wine.
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 113.99 USD
Product Name:- NutriChef NCBL12 Personal Electric Single Serve Blender – 1200W Professional Kit
Product End Date:- 2022.06.21 18:12:03
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 139.99 USD
Product Name:- COSORI Air Fryer Toaster Oven 30L Large Countertop Work with Alexa, CS130-AO
Product End Date:- 2022.05.31 21:09:39
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 144.99 USD
Product Name:- Genuine OEM Part # W11301135 WHIRLPOOL MAGNETRON NEW FREE FIRST CLASS SHIPPING
Product End Date:- 2022.06.14 16:17:50