In this post, you will learn how to make Sage and Brown Butter Sauce With Whole Wheat Pasta and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Sage and Brown Butter Sauce With Whole Wheat Pasta.
- 1 pound Whole Wheat Spaghetti
- 2 pounds Sugar Pie Pumpkin or Butternut Squash (peeled, seeded an
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 pound Fresh Sweet or Spicy Pork Sausage (casings removed)
- 1 medium White Onion (diced)
- 1 medium Apple (Fuji or Gala) Diced
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Sage (finely chopped)
- Kosher Salt
- Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat Oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.
- Place diced pumpkin (or butternut squash) on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil (make sure all sides are evenly coated with oil) and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake in oven for approximately 1 hour. Turn pieces every 20 minutes or so to evenly brown edges. Baking time will vary depending on the size of the pieces. When done, edges should be browned but pieces should be somewhat soft to the touch. When done, remove from oven.
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
- In a skillet, crumble sausage and cook over medium high heat. When cooked through, remove sausage to a plate. Leave the drippings in the pan.
- Add chopped onion to the pan with rendered fat from the sausage. Over medium heat, cook onions until translucent (approx. 10 minutes). Once the onions are translucent add the chopped apple to the pan and continue to stir over medium heat until apples are heated through.
- Place butter into another skillet and heat over medium heat. Swirl pan to keep milk solids from burning. You will keep swirling the butter over the heat until it turns a caramel brown and smells nutty. Once it turns brown, add the chopped sage and swirl to combine.
- Add pasta back into saucepan that it was cooked in. Then add the sausage, roasted pumpkin (or squash), onions and apples. Finally, pour the sage brown butter sauce over all contents and stir with tongs to combine.
- Salt and pepper as desired.
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 87.03 USD
Product Name:- Oster Reverse Crush Counterforms Blender, with 6-Cup Glass Jar, 7-Speed Setti…
Product End Date:- 2022.05.30 21:45:01
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 118.67 USD
Product Name:- Deluxe Electric Air Fryer + Oven Cooker with Temperature Control, Non-stick
Product End Date:- 2022.06.11 16:09:17
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 108.98 USD
Product Name:- New 0.9 Cu. Ft. Compact Microwave Stainless Steel Kitchen Appliances Countertop
Product End Date:- 2022.06.17 00:30:32