In this post, you will learn how to make Skillet Roasted Chicken & Potatoes and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Skillet Roasted Chicken & Potatoes.
- 3 T. olive oil
- 2 t. minced fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 t. smoked paprika
- salt & pepper
- 1 whole chicken (4-5 lb.), cleaned and patted dry with paper towels
- 2 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, ends trimmed flat and sliced into 1-inch slices
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat oven to 400 degrees f. In a small bowl combine 2 T. olive oil, thyme, smoked paprika, 1 t. salt and 1/2 t. pepper. Carefully run your fingers under the skin covering the chicken breast, separating the skin from the meat. Rub the oil mixture all over the chicken, spooning some under the skin covering the breast. Tie the legs together with butchers twine and tuck the wings behind the back.
- Toss the sliced potatoes with the remaining tablespoon of oil, 3/4 t. salt and 1/2 t. pepper. Arrange the potatoes in a 12-inch nonstick, oven-safe skillet (see note above).
- Place the skillet over medium heat and cook, without flipping or stirring until the potatoes are golden-brown on the bottoms, about 7-9 minutes. Then place the prepared chicken, breast-side up on top of the potatoes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast until a thermometer inserted in several places has reached 165 degrees (about 1-1 1/4 hours).
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and cover loosely with foil, let rest for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cover the skillet with the potatoes, add back to the oven and roast for an additional 20 minutes, until the potatoes are very tender. Carve the chicken and serve along side the roasted potatoes (and prepared to be wowed!).
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 69.99 USD
Product Name:- Ninja BL480D 1000W Auto-IQ Blender – Black/Silver, 18oz and 24oz Cups
Product End Date:- 1970.01.01 00:00:00
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 63.99 USD
Product Name:- Gourmia 4-Qt. Stainless Steel Digital Air Fryer, Black
Product End Date:- 2022.06.24 18:15:43
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 280.00 USD
Product Name:- Maytag Cast Iron Black Over-the-Range Microwave – MMV1175JK
Product End Date:- 2022.06.02 20:41:22