Follow Us On Facebook
In this post, you will learn how to make Whole Wheat Focaccia Bread with Caramelized Onion and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Recipe eBook at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Whole Wheat Focaccia Bread with Caramelized Onion.
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 package dry yeast
- ¾ cup fresh basil leaves (loosely packed), chopped
- 2.5 tablespoons grapeseed oil, separated
- Ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup warm water
- 500 grams Whole Wheat flour (finely ground)
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- In a bowl or mixer, stir together the water, yeast and honey. The water should be between 100 and 110 degrees. Allow the mixture to sit about 10 minutes until the yeast looks puffy and smells pungent. In a separate bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, salt and dried rosemary. Stir together to combine. Add the flour mixture to the mixer along with the grapeseed oil.
- If you’re doing this by hand, mix the ingredients together well until you can form a ball. Turn the ball of dough out onto a floured surface, press the chopped basil leaves into the dough and kneed the dough until smooth, about 8 to 10 minutes. If you’re using a Kitchen Aid, simply use the dough hook attachment, turn the mixer on a medium setting (I use speed 4) and allow the hook to do the work for 10 minutes.
- Place the ball of dough in a bowl and allow it to sit covered (by plastic wrap or a kitchen towel) for 1 hour in a warm place; it should be twice the size you started out with after about an hour.
- To caramelize the onions, add half a tablespoon of grapeseed oil and a tablespoon of butter to a skillet and heat over medium. Add the onion and sauté, stirring frequently until translucent. Once onion is translucent, reduce heat to medium low and allow onions to brown, stirring every few minutes. Allowing the onions to wilt, turn completely brown and caramelize will take about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Prepare a lightly oiled baking sheet (a 9 x 13” works great, but no worries if yours is bigger). Turn the dough out onto the sheet and press it into the sheet with your palms until the dough meets the edges or until dough is about ¼” thick. Poke holes into the surface of the dough with your finger then drizzle 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil over it. Use your hands to evenly coat the dough with the oil. Allow the dough to sit another 10 to 20 minutes until it appears puffy and swollen again.
- Spread the parmesan cheese, salt and black pepper over the dough then spread the sun-dried tomatoes and caramelized onions on top, pressing them into the dough slightly. Bake in the oven until golden brown around the edges, about 15 minutes. Turn temperature down to 350 and bake another 5 minutes (until the center is cooked all the way through). Allow the bread to cool about 10 minutes then serve with dinner!
Below is our highly recommended and related eBook.
Price: 13.29 USD
Ebook End Date:- 2022.01.10 00:27:58
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended and related eBooks.
Price: 6.21 USD
Ebook End Date:- 2022.01.15 16:00:45
Price: 7.84 USD
Ebook End Date:- 2022.01.05 02:43:02