In this post, you will learn how to make Acorn Squash Biscuits with Sage & Gruyere and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Acorn Squash Biscuits with Sage & Gruyere.
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 6 T. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. packed light brown sugar
- 5 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 1 /2 t. salt
- 8 T. (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, well-chilled, plus 2 T. melted and slightly cooled, for brushing over the biscuits
- 4 T. vegetable shortening, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 c. mashed, cooled acorn squash (see note)
- 2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Gruyere cheese
- 2 T. minced fresh sage
- *optional small sage leaves, for garnishing the biscuits and a little beaten egg to act as the “glue”to make the sage leaves adhere
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees f. and adjust oven rack to the middle position. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, add flour, cornstarch, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Pulse a couple of times to combine. Scatter the chilled butter and shortening over the top of the flour. Pulse a few times, until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- In a large bowl add the mashed acorn squash and cider vinegar, mix well. Stir in the Gruyere and sage.
- Add the flour/butter mixture, stir to combine. Turn the biscuit dough out onto a lightly floured surface, knead a few times to bring the dough together. Pat the dough into a round that is about 1-inch thick.
- Cut out the biscuits using a 2 1/4-inch biscuit cutter, dipping the cutter in flour to prevent sticking. Gather the scraps continue to cut the biscuits.
- Place the biscuits, evenly spaced on the prepared baking sheet. If garnishing with the sage leaves. Dip your finger in the beaten egg and dot a small amount on the center of each biscuit, place a sage leaf, pressing lightly to affix to the top.
- Brush the biscuits with melted butter.
- Bake the biscuits until golden brown, 18-22 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 234.00 USD
Product Name:- Igloo Automatic Self-Cleaning Portable Electric Countertop Ice Maker Machine …
Product End Date:- 2022.06.23 09:55:29
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 127.97 USD
Product Name:- Philips HD9621/96 Viva Collection Air Fryer – Black (RETAIL $199.99)
Product End Date:- 2022.06.09 10:56:47
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 145.99 USD
Product Name:- READ *PART REPLACEMENTS for LG LMHM2237ST 2.2 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range Microwave
Product End Date:- 2022.06.10 21:03:35