Follow Us On Facebook
In this post, you will learn how to make Raspberry Mousse-Topped Chocolate Cake and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Raspberry Mousse-Topped Chocolate Cake.
- 1 large egg, separated
- A pinch of salt
- 30 g caster sugar
- 40 g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 20 g dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- 25 g plain flour (or plain GF flour for a gluten-free version)
- Half a teaspoon of baking powder
- 10 g cocoa
- 500 g fresh raspberries, plus extra for garnishing
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 large whole eggs
- 75 g caster sugar
- 110 ml white pudding wine (I used Sauternes, but Muscat or Vin Santo are also delicious)
- Half a small pot (approx. 150ml) of double cream
- 3 leaves of gelatine, soaked in cold water for 5 – 10 minutes to soften.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas mark 3 and grease and line a small roulade tin with baking parchment
- First, make the chocolate sponge. Whisk the egg white with the salt to the stiff peak stage and set aside
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolk and sugar until pale and mousse-like. Whisk in the melted butter and chocolate before sifting over the flour, cocoa and baking powder
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet before carefully folding the beaten egg white into the mixture with a large metal spoon
- Pour the batter into your prepared roulade tray – it doesn’t matter if it doesn’t reach the edges of the tin – and gently smooth it out evenly with a palette knife
- Pop the tray in the oven for about 8–10 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Leave the cake to cool completely on a wire rack
- For the raspberry mousse, Blitz the raspberries (minus the prettiest specimens to top your puddings) in a blender until completely broken down. Pass it through a fine sieve to remove the pips and stir a small squeeze of lemon juice into the raspberry purée
- Whisk the cream to fairly stiff peaks before gradually whisking in the dessert wine. You can burn off the alcohol by heating the wine and leaving it to cool before adding it to your cream for a non-alcoholic version. Set aside for later
- Separate one of the eggs and reserve the white for later. Add the yolk, 2 whole eggs and sugar in a large bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and whisk continuously until the mixture has doubled in size and is pale and mousse-like. Take the bowl off the heat and continue to whisk until cool. Stir in the raspberry purée before folding in the wine-flavoured cream
- Squeeze any excess water out of the gelatine and dissolve it in about a tablespoon of recently boiled water from the kettle before stirring it through the raspberry mixture. Whisk the reserved egg white until soft peaks form and fold it into the raspberry mousse – this will create an extra lightness to the mixture
- Oil your ring moulds (if using) with a small smear of flavourless oil. Use the moulds to cut out a perfectly fitting disc of sponge to line the bottom of each ring before placing the rings on a small tray. Pour the raspberry mousse over the sponges right up to the top and leave the mousses to set in the fridge for at least 3 hours
- When you are ready to de-mould them, simply pop them, one at a time, onto an upturned egg cup before quickly blasting a blowtorch round their sides to release them. Slide the mould down to reveal a (hopefully) perfectly shaped mousse-topped cake
- Use a palette knife to transfer the desserts onto serving plates. If you don’t have a blowtorch, you can use a hair dryer instead. Once all of the mousses are plated, top them with the leftover fresh raspberries and serve
Diet Labels For “Raspberry Mousse-Topped Chocolate Cake”:
Health Labels For “Raspberry Mousse-Topped Chocolate Cake”:
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 159.00 USD
Product Name:- 1.8L Electric Smoothie Blender Fruit Juicer Mixer Machine Soundproof Cover
Product End Date:- 1970.01.01 00:00:00
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 68.42 USD
Product Name:- Air Fryer 4.2 Quart 4 Liter Electric Hot Air Fryers Oven Oilless Cook…
Product End Date:- 1970.01.01 00:00:00
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 140.00 USD
Product Name:- Toshiba 1.6-cu ft 1250-Watt Countertop Microwave (Stainless Steel)
Product End Date:- 2022.07.12 15:21:47
The Ingredients:-1 large egg, separatedA pinch of salt30 g caster sugar40 g unsalted butter, melted and cooled20 g dark chocolate, melted and cooled25 g plain flour (or plain GF flour for a gluten-free version)Half a teaspoon of baking powder10 g cocoa500 g fresh raspberries, plus extra for garnishingA squeeze of lemon juice2 large whole eggs75 g” />