Follow Us On Facebook
In this post, you will learn how to make Turkey Breast Stuffed With Italian Sausage And Marsala-Steeped Cranberries and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Turkey Breast Stuffed With Italian Sausage And Marsala-Steeped Cranberries.
- 100 grams dried cranberries
- 100 ml marsala
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 echalion shallots or banana shallots (peeled and finely chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 kilogram italian sausages
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- approx. 50 grams grated parmesan
- approx. 60 grams breadcrumbs
- 1 x 5 kilograms double breast turkey joint (boned, butterflied, with skin left on)
- 4 tablespoons goose fat (or duck fat)
- Put the cranberries and Marsala into a small saucepan and bring to a boil, then take off the heat and leave to one side.
- Put the oil into a large frying pan or similar heavy-based pan, and fry the shallots for a minute or so, then add the spices and shredded sage, turning them in the soft shallots.
- Squeeze the sausagemeat out of its skins, add to the pan and break it up – using a wooden fork and spatula for ease – turning it in the hot pan until it loses its pinkness. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Take the frying pan off the heat and turn the contents into a large bowl, mixing in the steeped cranberries and any Marsala clinging to them, and leave to cool. You can cover with clingfilm and put in the fridge for up to 2 days at this stage.
- When you are ready to stuff the turkey breast, take the bowl of sausagemeat out of the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/gas mark 6/400ºF.
- Uncover the bowl of sausagemeat, add the eggs, Parmesan and breadcrumbs and – I use my hands for this – mix well.
- Lay the butterflied turkey joint out in front of you. It really does look like a butterfly, though admittedly a fleshy one. Spread the stuffing out first in the slight cavity in the centre of the butterfly and then outwards onto the wings though not going right up to the edge (or it will squodge out when cooking) but as evenly as possible over the whole joint.
- Carefully, in one swift but steady movement, fold one “wing” over the other to close the joint, and then sit the turkey on a large roasting tin, breast bone (or where the breast bone would be) uppermost as it would look were it the whole bird, with the pointier bit furthest away from you. Thread 2 skewers through the base – i.e., the widest part that is nearer you– to keep it closed, and smear it all over with the duck or goose fat.
- Roast the turkey breast for 2–2½ hours, then check it is cooked with a turkey or meat thermometer. When cooked, it should read 75°C / 165ºF in the centre. (If you’re leaving it to rest,as you should, or to cool, you could take it out at 73°C / 160ºF – it will retain heat and continue to cook for a short while once out of the oven.)
- Flex your muscles, then lift out onto a carving board, and leave to rest for at least 20 minutes. Or leave to get cold if you are eating it as part of a cook-ahead buffet.
- Cut through the whole joint in wide slices right across; they will need to be quite thick, at least 1cm / ½ inch maybe 2cm / 1 inch, to keep the stuffing intact within the slice.
- As you place it on table or sideboard, dot around it the condiments of your choice: I revert to Christmas in Italy here by putting a lusciously extravagant pot or two of Italian mostarda di Cremona on the table alongside: this is a hot and sweet preserve of mustardy candied fruits that gleam beautifully and taste both festive and fabulous.
Diet Labels For “Turkey Breast Stuffed With Italian Sausage And Marsala-Steeped Cranberries”:
Health Labels For “Turkey Breast Stuffed With Italian Sausage And Marsala-Steeped Cranberries”:
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 45.49 USD
Product Name:- Back to Basics White Smootie Plus The Ultimate Countertop Blender 56Oz 600W
Product End Date:- 2022.08.11 05:14:20
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 119.95 USD
Product Name:- New Air Fryer 10 Quart Large Capacity Oil-Less Multicooker 1500W 7-in-1 @
Product End Date:- 2022.08.13 15:10:46
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 150.98 USD
Product Name:- 1.0 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave in Stainless Steel
Product End Date:- 2022.08.05 02:07:31