Follow Us On Facebook
In this post, you will learn how to make Turnip Cake ‘Loh Bok Gau‘ 萝卜糕 and also watch our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe at the end of this post.
If you want to be an expert in the Recipe and Food industry, then you will need to purchase our highly recommended Countertop Blenders at the end of this Recipe article, at a very cheap and affordable price.
Below are the ingredients and the instructions on how to make Turnip Cake ‘Loh Bok Gau‘ 萝卜糕.
- * 1 large daikon radish chinese turnip, roughly grated
- * 1 tbsp dried shrimp, soaked and chopped pounded
- * 6 dried shiitake mushroom, soaked and diced
- * 1/2 cup ham or chinese sausage or any sweet meat, diced
- * 1 green onion, chopped
- * 1 cup rice flour
- * 1 tbsp cornstarch
- * 1 tsp salt
- * 1 tsp sugar
- * 1/2 tsp white pepper
- * 2 tbsp lard
- * 3/4 cup water
- Place grated turnip into a wok and bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes. The turnip will exude some water of its own. Add ½ cup of water and continue simmering till about ½ cup of water is left. Place turnip and the remaining liquid into a large bowl and allow to cool.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil and ½ Tbsp lard in a wok or pan. Add shrimp and stir-fry till fragrant, then add mushrooms and ham (or choice of meat). Cook till shrimp and mushrooms have softened and flavours melded.
- Add green onions. Stir briefly and set aside.
- In the bowl with grated turnip, add rice flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper, and remaining lard (warm to liquefy if necessary). Mix well. The mixture should be a bit lumpy and just slightly wet with the turnip still identifiable, not too gooey or soggy. Mix in the cooked ingredients including any leftover grease (there should not be a lot) and allow to sit for about 15 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a well oiled, heatproof pan. Steam for 1 hour. The mixture should be have dried out and a bit stiff. Once cooled, it will dry out some more and should be easily removed by turning over the pan.
- The turnip cake can be served as it is, sliced and with a side of sambal belachan, sweet soy sauce or oyster sauce.
- Additionally, slice the turnip cake evenly and lightly pan fry over low-medium heat in ½ Tbsp oil till sides are slightly crispy.
Diet Labels For “Turnip Cake ‘Loh Bok Gau‘ 萝卜糕”:
Health Labels For “Turnip Cake ‘Loh Bok Gau‘ 萝卜糕”:
Below is our highly recommended and related Countertop Blenders.
Price: 159.00 USD
Product Name:- 1.8L Electric Smoothie Blender Fruit Juicer Mixer Machine Soundproof Cover
Product End Date:- 2022.07.20 02:41:38
Below is our highly recommended video on how to make a (related) Recipe (Not the same with the Recipe above).
Below are some of our highly recommended Kitchen and Cooking Appliances.
Our number 1 recommended Fryer.
Price: 95.99 USD
Product Name:- 8-in-1 Air Fryer Oven,w/ LCD Digital Stainless Steel Toaster Oven w/ r h 10
Product End Date:- 2022.08.07 03:23:04
And also, below is our highly recommended Microwave.
Price: 115.99 USD
Product Name:- Farberware® Classic 0.7 Cubic Foot Microwave Oven
Product End Date:- 2022.07.17 20:35:24
The Ingredients:-* 1 large daikon radish chinese turnip, roughly grated* 1 tbsp dried shrimp, soaked and chopped pounded* 6 dried shiitake mushroom, soaked and diced* 1/2 cup ham or chinese sausage or any sweet meat, diced* 1 green onion, chopped* 1 cup rice flour* 1 tbsp cornstarch* 1 tsp salt* 1 tsp sugar* 1/2 tsp white” />